• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid stroker questions

How much does the 99+ intake matter?

99+ is the best intake. The previous HO intakes are still better than the Renix intake. I'm not sure if the 99+ intake will work with the 91-95 head, I think I head that the ports are different shaped. The intake I am using, 93, has slightly different ports from the Renix unit, there is a thread on here recently (in Mod I think) about modifying a Renix head to work with this early HO intake. It has been said that they will work unmodified, but if you look at it, the injector ports are somewhat blocked, so it couldn't be ideal. The Renix header I used on my 93 head lined up with the ports, however I did grind out the holes to match the size of the gasket. I know that the Renix fuel rail did not fit on my intake, so I needed to swap to Renix injectors, however, with a stroker, you will probably want larger yet than the 91-95 injectors.

Caution on resurfacing the flywheel. The factory says you cant. The only reason is that the clutch pedal has no adjustment and will be closer to the floor due to the increased throw necessary for the amount of metal that is removed.

Personally, I went with a Howes racing master cylinder. I got a slightly bigger diameter than the stock and made a quick adjustable adapter from the rod on the old MC.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=913747&highlight=flywheel

. I like a fairly high clutch pedal and a firm engagement.

Last edited:
I'm running an AW4 atleast for now. So I guess I'll run into that problem later :)

I think I'll take the Good head over the good intake. Thanks guys
Found my renix for 80$ :)

Something else to consider is the fuel delivery.

With the HO head and intake/TB, you'll need to plot that course. The 91-98 'early HO' intake is essentially the same IIRC, but in 98(?) the fuel system evolved to a higher pressure, no return line setup.-Then in 99+ the manifold evolved as well.

It was in 96 they went to the 49psi pump with no return and the gray top 23.2# injectors(and obd2).

So if I run the 91-95 intake/head/fuel system It will be fine with my current Renix fuel lines?

So if I run the 91-95 intake/head/fuel system It will be fine with my current Renix fuel lines?

It has the same number of fuel lines, and it works with them. I don't know if the disconnect clips work, as I just got rid of them and used hoseclamps like it should be.

I ended up with a stock replacement header that said it fit 91-98. My build went way over budget after the pistons so I had to cut costs and got the OEM replacement.

The renix exhaust manifold and the newer manifold doesn't line up so you will have to have that to contend with also.

I don't know about the 91-95 fuel rails but the 96 has the return line next to the pressure line. On the renix as you know the return line is at the rear of the fuel rail. If you have to extend them no biggie. Stainless steel 3/8" brake line cut a peice off and flared both ends worked the hose down and clamp it off. Cut a peice to length and hose clamp it onto the fuel rail.

Parakeet

The 91-95s have the return line next to the pressure line. 96+'s don't have a return line.

Has anyone put a 99+ intake on the 7120 head?

absolutely :)

The 91-95s have the return line next to the pressure line. 96+'s don't have a return line.

Not to say your not right but the motor I got for my top end was a 96-98 casting number. The fuel rail has the return line next to the pressure line. I wonder if this was a early 96 and they were using up the 95 parts.

Parakeet

i know him personally :) the head on that jeep is stock... the 99+ intake will work on the 7120 head

Back