• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock center caps on steel wheels mod

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I found a thread on JF from a while ago using Liberty caps on soft 8s and this weekend at the PA Jeeps show I picked up some stock center caps from stock steel wheels. Here is what I did

Today I painted them up and plan on attaching them to my black steel D windows. Enjoy

Sanded down and taped off

Painted with silver hammerite

Done

Testing them on my brother's new soft 8s

I still have to drill my wheels and taper the hole on the back of the wheel so it can still mount up flush. Will post up more as I go.

So did these ever mount up without any other mods?

Sorry to bring up a thread that was over a month old. These wheels had the potential to look awesome on a jeep

yeah, those would look great on a silver xj. they'd probably look funny on any other color though. the only crappy thing about those screw on center caps is that your tire guys are going to hate you for having them, especially if you ever take your jeep in for a balancing. other than that, they look real nice. props!

Thanks guys, I think they look pretty good on my green jeep. They could have been painted any color but I wanted offset the common black steel wheels.The wheels need 3 holes drilled into the wheel. Using 3 small screws which are countersunk into the mounting surface of the wheel.

Here are some finished pics, havent gotten around to doing the rear wheels yet.

Man, now I wish I kept those off my old steelies when I swapped em :(

I like that center cap design the best. I got a set of TJ wheels because I needed a full set of 5, but I gave away the old wheels with the old centercaps, instead of taking them off :(

what kinda screws did you guys use for these?

Back