• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering upgrade finished, I have a couple of Questions.

FrankZ-

would you post a couple more shots....one of each of the knuckles? thanks!

With the Teraflex knuckle is it recommended to have a 16'' rim like it is with the WJ knuckle conversion. Looking for something where I don't have to change all my rims.

Frank Z said:
Would a longer pitman arm have the same effect?
Here's what mine looks like...

A longer pitman arm will compound the problem. With a longer pitman arm you will need to move the arm closer to the passenger side to fit to the drag link and will then still create more steering to the DS then the PS.

You need to be able to center the pitman arms have the wheels centered also. Then measure for the Draglink. My problem was I measured the length of the Teraflex DL and made my DL rod the same length, what I didn’t consider when I did this was the length I could adjust the TRE vs the Rod ends. Basically I made the DL too short.

FIREBLADE said:
With the Teraflex knuckle is it recommended to have a 16'' rim like it is with the WJ knuckle conversion. Looking for something where I don't have to change all my rims.

You can use the knuckle with a 15inch wheel and 3.5" or less backspacing, the issue is not hitting the knuckle but rubbing the tire. If you dont have 3.5" or less you will rub your tire on the upper TRE.. even with 16inch wheels. BTW it doesn't tell you this in the manual or online.

Also if you run a tire wider then 12.50" you will rub or have to go with less BS

This is one reason I went with Rod ends, it gave me the 1/2 inch clearence I needed. I have ran both 15" and 16" wheels both with 4" backspacing and am still very close to rubbing my tires, but have not hit anything yet..

Front brakes and mounting are pretty much stock 97' with Vented/slotted rotors. I will have to take a look to see if there would be any clearance issues with running bigger breaks. Although I don’t know if you can run larger breaks with the Tera knuckle.

Back