• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering Parts

blitzkrieg28

NAXJA Forum User
I have some steering parts from my XJ now that i upgraded to the serious offroad 1 ton kit.

I have the whole steering assembly off of my 98 cherokee. It includes an IRO hd tie rod with new ends and stock draglink-60 plus shipping

Stock brand new drag link(not sure of brand)-35 plus shipping

Stock brand new trac bar(not sure of brand)-35 plus shipping.

The steering assembly has less than 100 miles on the new trac bar and ends, unsure of mileage on the draglink however i would say it is more then likely what came on the jeep when it was bought new.

I think i also have a few TRE's sitting around and the clamp for the draglink as well. Ill toss those in if i have them.

Nothing was wrong with the steering i had, i bought someones axles where the knuckles were already drilled and reamed so instead of swapping knuckles i just bought new steering.

I know i dont have many posts over here, i kinda just lurked for a while for info and just recently became a member, but i have sold and bought quite a few things over on JF, my username on JF is 3vze28.

bump...

60+ shipping for steering, and a separate new draglink clamp and tre.

also the tie rod has new tre's i think i ripped one of the boots but thats easy to fix. the tie rod is the iro hd tie rod.

the tie rod from iro is 66 bucks i think and that doesnt include shipping. this has never seen any offroad its still brand new was only installed for 2 months on a jeep that didnt move due to axle swaps.

Not to change the thread but how do you like the new setup, stery ball joints and such?

the serious kit is very similar to the JCR kit but cheaper by about 40 bucks once shipped. serious also offers drop in inserts on their website too so you dont have to buy a reamer, however you have to drill to 7/8 and well that is not an easy bit to find at lowes or depot so probably order one off the web. also not easy at all to drill out the pitman arm. mine didnt drill out too well so ill probably be pulling one at a junker and have it drilled and reamed one of these days.

overall the kit is sturdy and i like it. steering feels much more solid and im no longer concerned with the tie rod getting destroyed anymore.

the serious kit is very similar to the JCR kit but cheaper by about 40 bucks once shipped. serious also offers drop in inserts on their website too so you dont have to buy a reamer, however you have to drill to 7/8 and well that is not an easy bit to find at lowes or depot so probably order one off the web. also not easy at all to drill out the pitman arm. mine didnt drill out too well so ill probably be pulling one at a junker and have it drilled and reamed one of these days.

overall the kit is sturdy and i like it. steering feels much more solid and im no longer concerned with the tie rod getting destroyed anymore.

cool thanks for the feedback

Back