• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering on a 7" lift - a little help or experience

brent said:
$

but what do I know your the F in expert

$?
so you mean to tell me theres a noticable money difference in a D60 FRONT end and a 9"? Where are you getting your D60's from? your the expert it seems.

out of the front of a ford F350, pick up a complete one for $1000 or less, 35 spline axles hubs and all, then an arb is going to run another 750, ring and pinion, bearing set, 350-400, total bill for a bullet proof front end 2200

on the other hand, the custom made 9" front end with the knuckles off the above mentioned 60, a high pinion 3rd member, arb, 8.8rc ring and pinion, don't know exact cost, but I'd bet its more than the $2200 mentioned above.

kinda like buying a car from a dealership, or custom building the thing from scratch, which one is cheaper?

as far as a 44 with one ton outers (60 outers), kinda like polishing a turd with dollar bills, you still have weaker splines, and a housing that is now the weak link, same line as a super dana 35 kit.

or you can spend a grand on custom alloy warn or other shafts and ctm/ox joints for a 44, but you'll end up in the same money as the dana 60 if you haven't got the axle allready,

I've been running a 44 for years, breaking joints and splining axles with 35's till I dropped the coin for the alloy axles and ctm's, since I've had no problems, and I bumped up to 37's, but if I'd have started with the 60, I'd be money ahead.

been there done that.

Back