• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering knuckle -Sacramento

Jeep450r

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I'm in need of a drivers side dana 30 steering knuckle pronto. Mines a 96 so I need that era 1 piece outer knuckle.

Hoping to find one ASAP. Otherwise I'll be going to picknpull

Lou, don't worry about it. Im hoping to find one locally as I need to have it installed pronto so I can make a trek down south at the end of the week. I appreciate the offer though!

I am going to try using a heli-coil. If that doesn't do the job I'll let you know

My bad. Should have specified. The threads that the lower caliper bolt goes into are stripped. I was just gonna replace the knuckle, but it looks like I can use a thread repair kit thing called a helicoil. So I'm going to try that first.

you could tap it out one or two sizes bigger and maybe run a bigger bolt if that doesnt work?

Yeah but then I'd have to get a caliper pin with a larger inner diameter. Which may be possible but I'm not sure. Or I could drill it out. I'll try the heli coil tomorrow and see what happens

Heli coil worked like a champ! I won't be needing a knuckle. Thanks guys

Back