• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Just ordered my 3/4" heim steering today hope to have it in before my calico trip coming up soon, the gatekeeper is calling my name so I need to be prepared :)

Dan other than cutting off my sway bar links, will I need to worry about hitting anything else if I go over the knuckle or under the knuckle? I have a calico trip next weekend and I'm hoping I don't run into any issues

Had to go under the knuckle and It still bound up bout 1/2 way to full lock passenger, I pulled out the bender , put a little bend in it now it doesn't hit, I also used a TJ pitman arm to help with my overall geometry

4" lift XJ geometry
null_zps76f15842.jpg

TJ vs XJ pitman arms (1.5" difference Heim/spacers 2"
null_zpsf1fd69c1.jpg

After I put in the TJ arm
null_zpsb93d4822.jpg

It flexes great, didn't feel like anything bound up, I did get a shake at 45 mph BUT I am running rock rings and no wheel weights and no steering stabilizer, after I flexed it I got back on the road and it drove fine o 65 mph, no clue, but I'm happy with it

Oh ya... The amount of bend i needed to clear
null_zps83ae9b4a.jpg

Hi Dan,

I just received your Y-link steering and some other gear from you today. It is great having you just down the road a bit. I already have upgraded steering on my XJ, but I thought I would use yours on my LJ, and if it works out, on my YJ.

Looking at it, I am curious if I will need to swap to your offset TRE's as it looks like I am going to be pretty close to my dif cover, coil buckets, etc. Is this pretty common on TJ/LJ's, or does it fit without interference? Also, do you have a bracket you sell for attaching a steering stabilizer to the Y-Link?

Again, thanks for the great prices for such incredibly over-built (and I mean that in the best way) gear. I am amazed how much cheaper your prices are than the other guys, even the guys up the hill. I have a huge wish list to get by my wife...KJ

Hi Dan,

I just received your Y-link steering and some other gear from you today. It is great having you just down the road a bit. I already have upgraded steering on my XJ, but I thought I would use yours on my LJ, and if it works out, on my YJ.

Looking at it, I am curious if I will need to swap to your offset TRE's as it looks like I am going to be pretty close to my dif cover, coil buckets, etc. Is this pretty common on TJ/LJ's, or does it fit without interference? Also, do you have a bracket you sell for attaching a steering stabilizer to the Y-Link?

Again, thanks for the great prices for such incredibly over-built (and I mean that in the best way) gear. I am amazed how much cheaper your prices are than the other guys, even the guys up the hill. I have a huge wish list to get by my wife...KJ

Give us a call, we'll get you taken care of

Give us a call, we'll get you taken care of

Hi Dan,

I called and the young man I spoke to told me I needed to bend the tie rod on each end, 5-inches in. Looking at it, I don't see how that would be possible on the Y-link steering since the tie-rod end is where the drag link attaches and would therefore need to be straight. Am I missing the obvious? Should I ask to talk to you and call again?

Thanks!

Kevin

Hi Dan,

I called and the young man I spoke to told me I needed to bend the tie rod on each end, 5-inches in. Looking at it, I don't see how that would be possible on the Y-link steering since the tie-rod end is where the drag link attaches and would therefore need to be straight. Am I missing the obvious? Should I ask to talk to you and call again?

Thanks!

Kevin
I am at a loss? There is no bending required anywhere... Go ahead and give me a call, ask for me and we will get you right.

Are you sure it was Ruffstuff you called?

I am at a loss? There is no bending required anywhere... Go ahead and give me a call, ask for me and we will get you right.

Are you sure it was Ruffstuff you called?

Great, I will give you a call. And yes, I'm sure it was Ruffstuff I called. You guys are about an hour from where I live and the young man looked up my order.

Back