• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

State of the NWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but like I said, calling it a club does not make it a club.

You can go into Subway and get a club sandwich, but that doesn't mean your in some sort of club. It just means you get a delicious sandwich with bacon. Unless you get the SubClub which is a little different, but you know what I mean.

Everywhere i turn people are trying to change somebody's constitution :patriot: to make it right for them and how they think it should be. The way i read it is i become a club member once i pay my dues. Not paying your dues make you a visitor to to the clubs forum. Paying the "club" dues gets you discounts with "club" vendors. It also gets you a really cool "club" sticker to show what 4x4 club your associated with. :) I dont think its a sticker to put on your rig to show what forum you visit. Im just reading things how they are put. Looks like a club, smells like a club.............must be a club. As for the analogy involving a Subway Club Sandwich TM, now im hungry. Anybody from the "club" wanna go grab a bite? lol :sunshine:

But now were just splitting hairs. People should all just hug and be nice. Come in for the real thing :)

I'm neither an inbred nor do I have spelling errors. Say it without the insults so we can understand what you're trying to say?

Yeah, repeating the same thing over and over until you get it is really what I want to do with my time. I think I may go ahead and sell my Jeep on the advice of a 24yo kid on NAXJA though. :jester:

I'm not trying to change it. The OP asked for opinions on why things are the way they are. I think the more this group tries to be a club, the more difficulty they have. It sets up the elitist attitude that is not very well received by an "outsider;" it discourages involvement which drives people away. It seems like every time I am ready to sign up, someone posts some BS about red letter privileges and it turns me off faster than a "People of Wal-Mart" picture.

I would like to ask a few questions to the BODs:
How are the other area chapters structured? Is this problem unique to the Northwest? How has it been handled - what are the results?

Turns me off faster than a "people of Wal-Mart" picture!!!! LOL!!!!! Im stealing that one for sure. Inbred, gravy-necked, uneducated hicks <--------Lack of respect seems to be the issue. Even in a post trying to get to the heart of issues this finds it way in this topic. Just crazy if you ask me.

Turns me off faster than a "people of Wal-Mart" picture!!!! LOL!!!!! Im stealing that one for sure. Inbred, gravy-necked, uneducated hicks <--------Lack of respect seems to be the issue. Even in a post trying to get to the heart of issues this finds it way in this topic. Just crazy if you ask me.

You are posting in this thread and I can't seem to find where you added your opinion on the subject, outside of "lack of respect". Quick question, do you actually wheel your Jeep or are you just a forum user? Just curious if you hang out with anyone on here.

You are posting in this thread and I can't seem to find where you added your opinion on the subject, outside of "lack of respect". Quick question, do you actually wheel your Jeep or are you just a forum user? Just curious if you hang out with anyone on here.

No i have never wheeled my own xj. Trying to fix it up though so i can do some baby wheeling. I did go on the noobfest 2010 run and wheeled a wrangler. If you can call what i was doin wheeling. Im a rookie with it. Wanna hear something crazy though? You talking about my mom in a post was the reason i left the club almost two years ago. I was only a paid member for a few months when i split. So i have an inside view on what could turn a new member away from this club.

Wanna hear something crazy though? You talking about my mom in a post was the reason i left the club almost two years ago. I was only a paid member for a few months when i split. So i have an inside view on what could turn a new member away from this club.

Understandable. How long were you on the forum before you paid to become a "member" and have all the rights and respect of the red letters? I, like just about every other male on the planet, make fun of people's mothers as a sign of jest and bro-humor. It's what guys do. But, I am sorry that you were offended. Keep in mind, normally I would be extra proud of the offense, but if it truly got to you, I apologize.
Are you that extremely religious guy that used to be on here?

Understandable. How long were you on the forum before you paid to become a "member" and have all the rights and respect of the red letters? I, like just about every other male on the planet, make fun of people's mothers as a sign of jest and bro-humor. It's what guys do. But, I am sorry that you were offended. Keep in mind, normally I would be extra proud of the offense, but if it truly got to you, I apologize.
Are you that extremely religious guy that used to be on here?

Yes sir. Believe&Receive was the screen name. I couldnt remember the old password so i just made a new one. And what better name than He-Man :) Was just pointing out my view on how to make this better. Seriously though, no hard feelings. I was running from my own anger at that time.

I never have hard feelings and I respect everyone that has an opinion if it is sound and has been made using all available data. Not speaking of you, but there are too many people that voice their opinion and spill it as fact without ever doing a shred of research. So, if people disagree with me, all I ask is that they explain why and I'll welcome the opportunity to learn something new and/or see another's view.

Back to this: How long were you on the forum before you paid to become a "member"

I never have hard feelings and I respect everyone that has an opinion if it is sound and has been made using all available data. Not speaking of you, but there are too many people that voice their opinion and spill it as fact without ever doing a shred of research. So, if people disagree with me, all I ask is that they explain why and I'll welcome the opportunity to learn something new and/or see another's view.

Back to this: How long were you on the forum before you paid to become a "member"

I became a member right away. My father in law was a member and has been on many runs with the guys. He told me to join that i would learn a lot and have fun so i did. Exact answer to your question is probably 5min.

That's the answer I was looking for. Thanks.
Nothing against you, so please don't take it as such, but it answered a question that wasn't directly posed by Nick because he's a little more... PC than I am.

I see what you did there. Without you saying it i see your point. It should be done like a biker gang! Hang arounds till you become a prospect then you get a patch!

I see what you did there. Without you saying it i see your point. It should be done like a biker gang! Hang arounds till you become a prospect then you get a patch!

Like I said, please don't take offense, but you nailed it.

There will be those that want to talk crap about what I've said or what Nick has said, but the truth is written out and the proof is in the lack of participation, loss of sponsorship, and loss of value in the NAXJA brand. Just look at last year's NW Fest compared to years past. Some people will hold on to their anger and ignorance and continue to let this chapter turn to dust; I just hope there are enough still left here that will put in the time and listen to logic and reason to bring it back.

And I'm not saying "take out the trash", I'm just saying don't let it sit in the front yard and stink up the neighborhood. <--- this is another analogy for "the problem" to hurt his brain over. :)

I have been with Naxja for for almost 10 years now, the only reason I joined back in the day was for the huge amount of information on this forum and because I love going Offroad. This forum seems to me that it has become more of a social playground than a Offroad forum. This place has become extremely childish in my eyes and not fun for the people who are too grown up to not get involved in it.

I know little to nothing about the drama that has been going on or what caused it. The bashing of company's that sponsor this forum is disturbing to me and very childish yet again. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but when your talking crap about company's and people who support our hobby and this organization that is not okay. It also makes Naxja as a whole look bad.

Another big issue I have has to do with the condition of some of the vehicles that people bring out to wheel. I know that before every trip I make sure my rig is 100% ready for the trail. If it has any issues I simply don't go. I can not stand offroading with trucks that were failing before they even hit the dirt.

I can understand that some times things break but when you show up and know your truck is going to overheat all day why are you here? We spend 1/2 of the day standing around waiting on someone to fix their worn out parts, 1/4 of the day with people standing around talking and another 1/4 actually driving our Jeeps. This is the number one reason why I almost never show up for runs anymore. I would honestly rather go out by myself or with the few people local to me that do regular preventative maint. It's sad to say but it seems to me that we need tech inspections on people's vehicles.

I would love to go out and wheel with everyone more but almost every run I go on frustrates me and moves at such a slow pace that I find it's a waste of my time. I will continue to be a paying member simply for the wealth of information on the board, and NWfest which is always fun!

Last edited:
Jeepboy381= A prime example of the type of Jeeper this place needs and should show respect to/cater to!!!

He's been here since the beginning, wheels the piss out of his Jeep, and understand/appreciates the potential of this club's premise in addition to the public image.

Jeepboy381= A prime example of the type of Jeeper this place needs and should show respect to/cater to!!!

He's been here since the beginning, wheels the piss out of his Jeep, and understand/appreciates the potential of this club's premise in addition to the public image.

X2.

X3

While I was reading through the thread on the last page I thought to myself "this club/group needs a bunch of "old" guys to keep the younger guys in line". The NW chapter needs this group of people that everyone respects and can look up to. Jeepboy381 sounds like one, and I believe Avanteone and 2extreme are.

Maybe there is this group and I don't know it. Maybe there was this group but they have turned away because of some actions they did not like.

I am definately not one of these "old" guys but I would like to be in the future. And I don't think I'll get there by making fun of people, degrading sponsors or by representing NAXJA in a negative way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back