• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

State of the NWC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although Rich's comments are no-doubt inflammatory and unproductive I agree with the overall message: "At no time was the good of the club as a whole considered."

I recently mentioned NAXJA to a guy up here while wheeling at Walker Valley. He looked like he swallowed a lemon, then walked away.

Rich, you complete me.

You know that little voice in the back of your head most normal people call a filter? Please find yours and turn it to high. :)

Rich, I think if you don't want to deal with people who are rednecks or have trouble spelling, you should probably look into a different hobby. Not saying you should leave, just that this is a hobby that attracts all types...

Rich, I think if you don't want to deal with people who are rednecks or have trouble spelling, you should probably look into a different hobby. Not saying you should leave, just that this is a hobby that attracts all types...

This isn't the case at all. I have an issue with them being representatives of our sport. Would you want Larry the Cable Guy or Joe Dirt representing your doctor's office?

Okay, do you want a homeless-looking guy asking you if, "You want fries with that"?

Not quite sure what you're getting at. Most fast food places have a dress code so their employees won't look like a homeless guy.

If you think NAXJA should have a dress code, you should probably sell your XJ and get a Land Rover...

Not quite sure what you're getting at. Most fast food places have a dress code so their employees won't look like a homeless guy.

If you think NAXJA should have a dress code, you should probably sell your XJ and get a Land Rover...

Once again, you've presented the problem and solidified my comments and are an echo of what people have said the problem is.

Once again, you've presented the problem and solidified my comments and are an echo of what people have said the problem is.

:worship:

I agree with most that has been said. I personally have also jumped off the NAXJA bandwagon. I used to get on here all the time and post now I will click on the forum every once in a while and watch what kind of BS people are talking. Most of the time it is people degrading others as if this were Pirate4x4. I havent renewed my dues because I see no point in it. Honestly in my eyes this is an online forum not a club. We dont see where our money goes. Im sure it is going to a good cause but when, how, where do we see this? A real club needs to have face to face meetings not just a couple people voted to "lead" this online "club". Im not bashing on any of the BOD because I have met most of them and they are all great guys. Im speaking about the "club" as a whole. They also shouldnt have to moderate anything on here. People should respect one another or else it will end up once again like the North and South seperation. Im sure my words have no affect but I thought I would toss it in there for the hell of it. And honestly I wont be renewing my dues but I will still try to make a few trips here and there to meet up with a few of the guys that i actually like on this board.

Honestly in my eyes this is an online forum not a club.

Game, set, match.

This topic has come up over and over and over again in the dozen or so years I've been around NAXJA. This is the NORTH AMERICAN XJ ASSOCIATION. It's an association, and a chapter within an association, it's NOT a club. You pay your dues, you get your membership, you get your red letters. Many here have hit the nail on the head, as long as it's open and anybody can join, it's not a club... at least the way I view it. Now, I'm not saying there's anything WRONG with the way it's set up, you just have to manage/moderate it knowing that this is the case.

Damn it, rich. I've had to google half of everything you said. I'm having a hard time keeping up. Fawk

Last edited:
And to go with Johns statement a club has requirements to join. Such as my club (Eldorado Dust Devils) we have many vehicle requirements and each person who wants to join must complete requirements and then be voted in by the current club members. This is just a place for people to ask questions about there rigs and maybe meet up for a run.

I'm neither an inbred nor do I have spelling errors. Say it without the insults so we can understand what you're trying to say?

I agree too that this is not a club, but a business. If I log in to a "club" forum such as Piston's Wild, PNWJeep, etc, I am there as a guest. The only value I offer is insightful conversation or discussion. If I become disrespectful or rude, they kick me out, just like you would kick me out of your house party if I started peeing on the floor.

On NAXJA, Pirate4x4, and others, they want my "hit" (website count) and they want my money. Also, once someone pays an entry fee, they feel like they own the place and they have a right to act a certain way.

Clubs have club activities. NAXJANW is part of an online community.

Its like the joke: "How many legs does a dog have if you call it's tail a leg?
Four. Calling it's tail a leg doesn't make it a leg."

I think that a lot of the problems come from this group thinking they are a club and trying to act like a club, when they are not.

That being said, this can still be a really fun group. People involved in this activity and in clubs across the north west can meet here on a common ownership/interest in XJs. NWFest can be something that NAXJANW sponsors/hosts as opposed to a trying to limit participation.

http://www.naxja.org/html/naxjaprivacy.htm

Just sayin..........for it not being a club the people who started it did use the word "club" 9 times describing NAXJA in their "This Privacy Policy" section. Just sayin......

http://www.naxja.org/html/naxjaprivacy.htm

Just sayin..........for it not being a club the people who started it did use the word "club" 9 times describing NAXJA in their "This Privacy Policy" section. Just sayin......

Yes, but like I said, calling it a club does not make it a club.

You can go into Subway and get a club sandwich, but that doesn't mean your in some sort of club. It just means you get a delicious sandwich with bacon. Unless you get the SubClub which is a little different, but you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back