• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

starting longarms (what size joints and where)

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
what size RE joints should I use for the fronts I am gonna use two mounts on the crossmember with long lowers then the uppers will come off of the middle of the lowers. so two joints on the frame end (what size) and four joints on the axle end (what size) then the connector between the uppers and lowers should that be a flexjoint also or a bushing? (what size?)
DIG IT!

you should definitely use the large size. you can also get basically the exact same thing cheaper from a number of other places, Mad4wd has them for under $30 and has been real good to me. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319739

All the connections at the axle and between the uppers and lowers should be some sort of bushing (poly or rubber) not something hard mounted like flex joints or heims.

I agree With BrettM use the biggest ones. The other thing i will throw in here is these joints use a 9/16" bolt, in my neck of the woods a 9/16" bolt is very difficult to find, almost impossible, so i used the ones from allpro offroad. yeah i know, just the thought of these being for a toyota makes me wanna :puke:. but they use a much easier to find 5/8" bolt.

Dingo

the ones from Allpro are from Currie. they are a pain to assemble with the snap rings instead of threaded side. 9/16" bolts are SOOO common in suspensions that I think everyone needs to go to McMasterCarr and order a bag of grade 8s, pretty cheap too compared to local prices.

BrettM said:
the ones from Allpro are from Currie. they are a pain to assemble with the snap rings instead of threaded side. 9/16" bolts are SOOO common in suspensions that I think everyone needs to go to McMasterCarr and order a bag of grade 8s, pretty cheap too compared to local prices.

Pain to assemble? no way, as long as you have a 500 ton press and some magic shrinking dust so everything will fit.

I forgot all about McMaster, where the hell where you for the 3 days i was trying to find the 9/16" bolts? Anyway the only place i have them now is in the rear spring to the shackles.

Dingo

Im using Re large superflex joints at the crossmember and OEM bushings in rocklogic sleeves
at the axle end the arms are fabbbed 1.75" x .25 wall DOM sleeved with 1.5 " x.188 wall HREW

the uppers are a combination of 1" threaded into tubes and poly bushings

VegasAnthony said:
Im using Re large superflex joints at the crossmember and OEM bushings in rocklogic sleeves
at the axle end the arms are fabbbed 1.75" x .25 wall DOM sleeved with 1.5 " x.188 wall HREW

the uppers are a combination of 1" threaded into tubes and poly bushings
you mean the 1.5" is sleeved inside the 1.75"? I'd like to see how you fit a 1.5" tube in a 1.25" hole.... something is off there...

Back