• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek this Sunday

Yeah, I'm out. I desperately need to get caught up around here this weekend.

I have no doubt you guys will have a great day......... dammit. :D

Is this trail run still on? I just got mine fixed. Went through the front end, lubed everything, replaced tie rod and alined wheels, fixed axle seal rt. rear and cleaned brake shoes, new tires, and fixed speedo. I'm reedy.

Is this trail run still on? I just got mine fixed. Went through the front end, lubed everything, replaced tie rod and alined wheels, fixed axle seal rt. rear and cleaned brake shoes, new tires, and fixed speedo. I'm reedy.
Sounds like you were a busy man

3 days work. Wanted to go on Jenny Creek run today but, couldn't getter done, as my wife forgot to tell me about the diner party we were having Friday night. I was the cook.

Ranger Rick,

Yes, It's still on, I talked with Richard (DutchVdub) at 8pm, he asked if I was going and I said no.

0130 and I am getting ready for bed. Yes we are hitting the trail up in the morning, and we only have 3 rigs scheduled so please come along and join.

I would have posted up sooner but today has been a horribly long day and I wound up going to Hooters in Loveland. I just got back, it was that fun. Now I'm drunk and off to bed.

Dutch you crazy! Wheelin with a hangover is all bad! Lol

have fun guys and no roll overs this time! :D

All right, that was a good trip. The groups in front and behind us were a good mix with ours. Clime, clime, clime, man that road gains altitude. TOUGH trail! The views were incredible after Spring Creek Trail on the "road" back down.

Thanks Dutch

Good time for sure, but it was crowded and took way to long. That group in front of us really annoyed the heck out of me. First the one guy from them making us back down 4 rigs so he can reach the bypass for the first obstacle, then that other idiot trying to take the hardest line possible in a rig with no gears, no lockers, and only 33" A/Tish tires.

I definately tested out the durabilty of my Harbor Freight winch and the mounting points on my homebuilt winch bumper. Pulling that TJ off the shite he was on I was almost dragging my Jeep up the mountain.

I also hit the bumper on a few large rocks and you can't even tell. I didn't even scratch through the 5 layers of rattle paint.

I scratched up both my rocker guards, my passenger side rear door guard, and my passenger side gilla guards. I also trashed my passenger side u-joint in the steering knuckle. Oh yeah, and the bolts off my passenger side rear upper shock mount. Stupid passenger side of my Jeep was just falling apart on me.

I did have a blast, but man its hard going from frnt/rear lockers, 36's, and massive gearing to 33's, no gears, and open front. I also completely lost my pwr steering pump, it wasn't doing a damn thing. I knew it was going bad (even got one from Troy yesterday) but I didn't have time to get to it before the trail run.

I need to pop the cover on my D30 too, something seems weird in there. I want to make sure its not toasted. I do have a high-pinion D30 sitting here, I think its time to build it.

Ok, last thing. Talking to Jim (my buddy in the green TJ) I think we are going to shoot for another trail run SAT Oct 10. I kind of want to head down to Eagle Rock, but probably won't want to spend the fuel.

BTW, Jim trashed his DS knuckle u-joint, bent his HD front tie-rod (has the ridgeline setup), put a dent in his front diff cover, ruined another rear driveshaft u-joint, and was finally convinced he needs to regear his axles and get a front locker.

Last edited:
Ok, last thing. Talking to Jim (my buddy in the green TJ) I think we are going to shoot for another trail run SAT Oct 10. I kind of want to head down to Eagle Rock, but probably won't want to spend the fuel.

Wife is out of town that weekend. If you go, count me in.

I scratched up both my rocker guards, my passenger side rear door guard, and my passenger side gilla guards. I also trashed my passenger side u-joint in the steering knuckle. Oh yeah, and the bolts off my passenger side rear upper shock mount. Stupid passenger side of my Jeep was just falling apart on me.

I did have a blast, but man its hard going from frnt/rear lockers, 36's, and massive gearing to 33's, no gears, and open front. I also completely lost my pwr steering pump, it wasn't doing a damn thing. I knew it was going bad (even got one from Troy yesterday) but I didn't have time to get to it before the trail run.

You sir have a curse :confused1.....................how come over the last year the first couple runs; Left Hand and Illinois Gulch you didn't break anything and then after that everything went to hell...........................:repair:

No curse really. As "nice" as this new jeep looked at first glance there is just a whole bunch of stupid little shite on it thats easy to fix, but wouldn't need to be in the first place if it hadn't been so neglected. The only two things that I really hurt are the U-Joint in the knuckle, and the shock mount. The U-Joint is trashed, but still together enough that I was able to make it all the way home without it coming apart. And the shock mount isn't a big deal because it was just the heads of the bolts that broke off. The rest of the bolts are still there so all I have to do is weld a nut to them and pull them out. I figured the u-joint was already on its way out and running my jeep so hard to get through spring creek just did it in. The bolts on the other shock look like grade 5, so thats probably what happened here. Week arse bolts. I also think the shocks aren't the correct length for the lift its running. I'll be getting new shocks soon to correct that.

You missed like 5 or 6 runs that went well too, all of my issues have been on Spring Creek. Thing is I love running that trail, so I'm going to keep going back there at least once a year.

Back