• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Some stuff I made for my XJ (built thread)

I'm glad someone uses my ideas. So far I'm satisfied with the whole jeep. If I had to do it again maybe I would go with a bit of higher lift, but otherwise I can follow TJ's on 35 without problem. Next mod will be probably an Aussie for the rear, but this will be for next year.

The low COG is amazing. I can go in the woods, twisting my way around stumps and rocks and this XJ is very stable.

One word for you, skidplate. Everything you can think of underneath your XJ will touch the ground one day or the other at that height, so build some skid.

I also manage to destroy the crossmember, so here is the thread for this and other skids

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1001908

Thanks for listening !

great build! i like your ideas, im getting ready to make my first winch bumper...but i dont have a winch yet. so i was wondering if you could give me the measurments for the winch opening(height,width, length)

thanks alot!
Nick

Flare5004.jpg

Is that a Dana 35 I see peeking out of there? If so, you might want to look into fixing that...

I like it! I like it a lot! Pretty impressive for a first welding project, mine was UGLY.

PS: I'd look into some new shocks and swaybar linkages... yours look nearly as bad as mine were until recently. The swaybar linkages snapped on me, $15 for a brand new pair (and takes 10min to install); the shocks made an amazing difference in ride quality, and you already went through the floor for the rear shocks, so you don't even have to worry about that hassle... OEM equivalents cost $17 each.

PPS: jasonsxj I have to say... I agree. Learn to use punctuation properly. Just sayin'.

Is that a Dana 35 I see peeking out of there? If so, you might want to look into fixing that...
if you looked at all his pics... you would have seen that it is an 8.25.....

I'll run it in the trail this Saturday. I'm not worried at all. About the swaybar links, I used them for my disconnect, so as long as they hold, they will stay like that. For the shocks in the rear I have some new ones (comanche rears) and for now in the front those are the original ones. I got a pair of 2 inch lift shocks for TJ, maybe I'll put them on one day.

nice thread... post up some pics of this weekend. interested in how she does this weekend!

A sincere hats-off to ALL you guys who are brave and skilled enough to do your own stuff! Congrats and RIGHT ON. Thanks for the inspiration.

crust1

Jeep looks awsome im running 4 inches ans 30s....waiting on 32s.I did my front tj fenders and theyturned out great any more pics of how u lined up to cut the rears so well. (the part on door) And how u attached it. I cant find a clear right up on that.

No problem on doing that. I got slight rub up front, so maybe I'll add 1/2 inch of bumpstop. The rear does not rub.

To attach the flare to the door, it is all with bolts and nuts. remove the cover on the side of the cargo bay, and you need tiny hands to go bolts the flare, but it is feasible

Back