• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Solid lift for minimal offroad

im tucking 30s on stock suspension they do rub but with some bump stopping and a 2inch lift it will go on any fire road here in ca no problem!

I dont mind paying as long as the ride is good. I've tried BDS and Rubicon (bb mind you) and wasn't crazy about either of them.

I would encourage you to give Dirk at DPG a call. He's a really good guy and knows the XJ very well. I'll be installing the DPG Hybrid 4" OME lift once all the parts come in.

A set of 30 inch tires will likely get you anywhere you need to go. Mine was very capable on some 30's. I went bigger only because there were some areas my friends got to that I couldn't, and some we wanted to try but wouldn't make.

a locker or two would make it a lot more capable on some fire roads than a lift and bigger tires.

A set of 30 inch tires will likely get you anywhere you need to go. Mine was very capable on some 30's. I went bigger only because there were some areas my friends got to that I couldn't, and some we wanted to try but wouldn't make.

My plan is to regear (4:10’s) and add 31” tires. The taller tire helps get those axles a little further off the ground. I'd like to run an ARB air locker in the front and rear, but I need to check to see if the ARB will work with my 2000 XJ axles and 4:10's.

My plan is to regear (4:10’s) and add 31” tires. The taller tire helps get those axles a little further off the ground. I'd like to run an ARB air locker in the front and rear, but I need to check to see if the ARB will work with my 2000 XJ axles and 4:10's.

no carrier break on the 8.25, so if ARB makes one it will work with whatever gear ratio you choose.

carrier break on the D30 is at 3.73, so make sure you order the ARB for 3.73 and higher (numerically) gears.

I just recently put on a 2" bb from fat bob's off road. Only $85 or so shipped.
Also running 30"BFG at's.

It seems like it'll be adequate for anything but the most crazy stuff.

I have to get a picture online of my jeep. But I have to vote for the HD OME lift and 31's. It rides and handle amazing. Yesterday I tried the jeep on some sandy dirt roads in North Carolina at full speed and it felt like I was in a lifted caddy.

I have to get a picture online of my jeep. But I have to vote for the HD OME lift and 31's. It rides and handle amazing. Yesterday I tried the jeep on some sandy dirt roads in North Carolina at full speed and it felt like I was in a lifted caddy.

So it rides Kinda like this?

0709tr_16_z2007_gator_drag_truck_sh.jpg

:D I have a set of OME coils ready to go on when i bring the Jeep up another inch. I need OME packs to go along with my HDOR shackle relocation brackets and some bilsteins and I'll be happy.

:D I have a set of OME coils ready to go on when i bring the Jeep up another inch. I need OME packs to go along with my HDOR shackle relocation brackets and some bilsteins and I'll be happy.

So bilsteins are better than OME? Im really after qualilty products not a $98 BB, no offence.

So bilsteins are better than OME? Im really after qualilty products not a $98 BB, no offence.

Bilsteins and OME's are awesome. I just want to get bilsteins. My BB was less than $98 and its pretty decent. I agree OME will ride better and thats why I will be running OME springs.

You say ride and DD duty is a major concern, and that your wife uses the rig regularly and that you want to do it right rather than cheap...
So,
3" lift with a 2000 is getting into SYE territory, just a heads up.
At 3" you will want aftermarket adj. control arms and adj. track bar, again just a heads up.
For a low lift rig I highly recommend T'n'T belly skid/x-member which actually gains approx 2" over the stock t-case skid providing great clearance.
I am running km2’s and love them; I will buy another set when these wear out. Ride great, quiet for an aggressive tire, tough sidewalls (I’ve done more damage to super swampers on lesser trails) and do not chunk.
I have run OME springs/shocks for approx. 9 years now, and will continue to do so as long as I have a 4x4. Great ride, very controlled large bump absorption, great flex for the height and amazing longevity.
Whether you go 2” or 3” OME with 31” km2’s you will have a very capable rig.

The DPG OME 2” lift contains:

OME Rear Leaf Springs
OME Shocks
Front Coil Spacers.

The DPG OME 2” - 3” lifts contain:

OME Shocks & Coils
OME Leaf Springs
JKS Quicker Disconnects
DPG Swaybar Disco Cables
JKS Adj. Trackbar
Front Extended Bumpstops
Leaf Spring Bushings