• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So you built your computer...

ok, Wow...

lets see here.

2 MAC's

2PC's

1 Server.

one hell of an electric bill :dunce:

oh and a basement full of spare parts.
I don't remember all the specs...

Why are you looking @ a micro ATX board there is no reason if you are getting a new case.

Didn't even notice the motherboard was micro, I just grabbed one of many packages I've been looking at on tigerdirect...but good call.

It's more the processor and price I'm looking at, and options on the motherboard for expansion.

~Scott

For more up-to-date graphics cards, you'll want to find a board with (one at least) a PCI Express (PCI-E x16) slot in addition to the regular PCI slots.

This is the setup I flung together back in April:

CoolerMaster ATX case + 2x120mm fans
EVGA 650i board
Intel E5200 (775) @ 2.5GHz
4GB SODIMM (2x 2048 + heat sinks)
3x WD 320GB 7200rpm HDDs (one XP Pro 32bit, one 7RC 64bit, one idle)
2x Masscool HDD coolers
Sparkle 9400GT GPU
2x HP DVDRW (one lightscribe capable)

Certainly not top shelf stuff, but it does what I ask of it. I'm waiting on the Core i7 975 chips to come down to earth... then I'll build more of a hot-rod, and give this one to the family

Just bought an ASUS G50VT for school.....2.13ghz (2.8 ghz when overclocked) 250gb hard drive (1tb external) and 4gb of ram.....Ill post the rest of the specs later.

However my older brother got a beast of a desktop last december.

Coolmaster cosmos case, 1tb hard drive, 8gb ram, quad core liquid cooled goodness, runs 2.8 ghz amd 3.5 overclocked its amazing.

Here's my current $500 build-up to run Solidworks at home. The parts arrive Monday:

Gigabyte EP43-UD3L motherboard with Intel E7400 at 2.8Mhz
PNY 9800 GTX 512MB Graphics
OCZ 700W PSU
4 GB RAM (2x2)
WD 640GB 7200 RPM and WD 10k RPM
Use existing case and DVD burners

Back