• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So what do you guys think??

Is that an LT1 throttle body?

Yes, yes it is lol. This one was for a Camaro. I think it was like 89-93 or something. It took a while to search for this and I wish
I knew about it before the other intakes but oh well, chalk that one under experience lol. The first ones where setup differently
and the later ones had an incompatible TPS. Had to modify the linkage on this one a little to get full throw. It's flawless and
driveablility is ten-fold.

Ran a 70mm mustang throttle body for a while with a mercury 4.6 intake runner and that was okay. Far better than the stock but
the dual TB setup absolutely killed that setup and I ran that for a good while before but air leakage for the TB's was getting old but
then they weren't real TB's to begin with. They were just "idle bodies" that didn't seal worth a damn but everything the yard was a
tiny ass single TB aside from the TPI Camaros twin 48's that had their intakes robbed already lol.

I think when I had my fill with this TB I'll sell it and going to go with a big oval mono-blade TB. Better flow and will take better advantage
of my modded intake. The current creates a bit of a dead space just behind the TB but meh for now, it's the best setup so far. Best part
about that is that now it would be a bolt-on part.

I need a bigger filter though because I'm literally sucking the filter white. I tried without a filter to see the difference the response
became incredibly snappy but no real power till higher in RPM range. Much more docile with the filter but power would come
sooner, bigger filter should cure that.

Did a bunch more work to it. Fixed the floors permanently this time with stainless and made the rear section axle back with 3/32 plate he rest with 20G Stainless. Have quite a lot left for the front floors and will be reinforcing/replacing the rockers with 2x1.5-.180 wall.

It's been a while but I've been somewhat busy with the suspension, steering AND brakes. Currently I will be starting with the floors firewall next week when the weather will be warmer. I'd like to get most of the heavy work done before spring so I don't burn through another summer ;p.

So in September while I was working on my front axle I figured while I'm here I should figure out a better brake solution. I wanted off the shelf, cheap and plentiful parts. I looked around on Google and eventually came back here on CobraMarty's post about his DIY Mustang BBK ideas. I eventually steered away from the WJ conversion altogether besides I couldn't go for a low end WJ conversion costing mucho dinaro, not with Brembo's lurking around.

I decided on 05' Mustang brakes instead. 12.5" Front and 11.8" Rear. It's not the big ass brakes but I needed to be able to still run the stock wheels (which will be cut up - another project) for drag racing with the buds with different tires. Took a little time to get done but it was mostly getting bracket/adapters laser cut and waiting for parts to arrive. Technically I'm not done as I'm waiting for E-Brake cables still. It's actually been pretty fun.

After a little bit of driving with the new brakes I think I may need to upgrade the master to something that moves slightly more fluid.
It brakes beautifully but the pedal is a little to low for my liking. It hasn't leaked so I don't think the plunger is bypassing despite it's age.
Maybe it'll take a little longer for that to happen but oh well new parts going back in anyway.

Since the engine is coming out again I want to take a look at seeing if I can make the brake line routing a little more efficient. I'm not into
hydraulics that much but I'm assuming less lines convert into more fluid moving at once instead in the overall system? If that sounds dumb
then I'll have to look at bigger masters that will fit.

On top of all that is the GC Booster better than a single XJ booster or are they the same as the double XJ booster, if that makes sense?
I'd be more than happy with a simple swap. Lots of GC's Liberty's and Compass's in the yard to choose from.

Longer lines only mean you need more overall fluid and more friction because the fluid has longer contact with the brake line walls and potentially bends. That's purely an academic problem for an engineering fluid dynamics class.
For this, it won't change the volume of fluid that gets to the calipers or how much pressure that fluid exerts. You'd have to change the master cylinder or booster to change that. I've seen a ton of threads in the last year where folks thought the pedal was too soft after the brake change and everything was set up properly. Most think they need a new master and then you never hear from them again about the issue. I assume the were like me and initially thought they needed to fix something that they eventually got used to and moved on.

Not sure if you already have the late model XJ booster, but from what I read, it would be the same as the ZJ. If you don't have the double diaphragm one, get it.

Yeah there's lots of them so it would be peanuts to get that. I got my interior ripped out and will be working
on the firewall and the pedals will be a side project anyway to give a better throw for the brakes. I always
thought the pedals were to low and forward anyway since I've got short legs, that extra 3/4" really makes
a difference. ;p

Yeah thought the idea of shortening the lines wouldn't really do much if anything but I'd figure I'd ask anyway.
But I do know that a bigger master would help that but none of that matters if the ZJ stuff is a direct swap.

I just found out why my images are gone. So from this point on (since I can't bloody edit my own thread) I am going to re-upload some earlier pics and update plus add some more recent ones all in one post using a different host. Not all of it just a small summary.

I'm still working on it quite a bit so there's more. Putting in a roller cam and refreshing the motor. Aside from the massively worn cam (thanks Canadian EPA oil assholes :D) everything else is in good condition. Combustion chamber was dirty probably from the lack of compression from no lift but the rings cyl. walls, even the skirts have hardly marks on them, no gunk (thank god). So basically a bath, sandblast and hone and the block can go back together.

Yeah I'll do that sometime this week maybe if anyone is still interested. I do have my IG, I update with the Jeep and other projects every so often. If ye guys want to go there.

https://www.instagram.com/john.jeep/?hl=en

IG @john.jeep

Back