• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I was driving home from work...

im curious as to why the exhaust fell off. did the hangers break of the piping? did the exhaust disconnect at the cat or did the down pipe come off at the exhaust manifold

im curious as to why the exhaust fell off. did the hangers break of the piping? did the exhaust disconnect at the cat or did the down pipe come off at the exhaust manifold

The exhaust didnt fall off per se, it came disconnected at the connection between the cat and downpipe. and was still hanging under the jeep. It either came off from the bolts vibrating loose on the exhaust clamp, or the installer(me) didnt have the clamp bolts tight enough :gee:. All in all, it didnt bother me too much, but crawling under the jeep with in freezing weather toto reattach the exhaust is not my idea of fun (but when its warm, its fun! go figure)

:( sorry to get your hopes up with the transmission bit...

Back