• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So I found a D44 in a XJ...

my junkyard has fixed prices based on lug nut count.

paid $75 for my MJ 44

Over here at the local u pull it all axles are a $100, skids are 5 bucks, and mirrors are maybe 10 a set, I cant believe someone would even ask those type of prices when its what stuff would cost new. I wonder how they are in buisness.

round here the yards arent pick and pull. they are "auto recycling centers" and they will rape you as hard as they can.

i found a jeep its was lifted and badly rusted to hell that had a 44 in the nose. i played it cool and told them i need a new axle for my jeep and since it was the only jeep in the yard, id take it. well they guy looked it up and wanted 1500 for it. i looked at him and said excuse me? he said the old owner handed over a detailed build list of what was done to the jeep (to get most money i guess?) and on it was a 44 with 4.10s and a loc rite.

i still have a 30 in the nose of my jeep.............

:D

timmy it might be worth it for you to road trip up to garner/clayton every once in a while. LKQ baby. Great pick and pull, lost of half price days.

I got my 9" with 3.70 gears and the correct wms for a jeep xj for 49.00.

Bring a sawzall and it only takes a few minutes to pull it...

hey thanks man being military you know how hard it is for big project to get done especially if there's a road trip involved. my command hates giving us leave.....

only about at hour or a little plus for you to get there. At least most bases have an auto skills center right. I just found out that it is 6.00 an hour for a lift, including air tools here.

The air force is a tad more accommodating than the MC I take it. I am actually driving back up to NC this weekend on leave. Unfortunately since I only commissioned and went active in active in June, so I do not have that much leave built up

hey thanks man being military you know how hard it is for big project to get done especially if there's a road trip involved. my command hates giving us leave.....

But they have to do it so you don't go over 60 days a year. It's more paperwork to prevent you from taking leave for "operational commitments."

D44's are pretty common at the socal P&P yards. I'm sure someone would ship one to you for around 300ish + shipping. Cool thing is they're usually rust free. :)

Wow I feel retarded because I paid $350 from a guy on cragislist. I didn't hang out on forums when I bought it so I guess that's what I get. Then again he delivered it to my door...

But they have to do it so you don't go over 60 days a year. It's more paperwork to prevent you from taking leave for "operational commitments."

D44's are pretty common at the socal P&P yards. I'm sure someone would ship one to you for around 300ish + shipping. Cool thing is they're usually rust free. :)

oh no now we can get up to 75 days.

a front 44 for 300 bucks? no way man! serious?

well that sounds about right, your one of their few customers who actually has the possibility of a 'real' job, so maybe they think they can get more money out of ya :)

Its kinda the same story here on the east coast, in the friggin MOUNTAINS nonetheless the good thing is they ARENT there for the cherokees haha!

im gonna take the high road, and just assume they all know each other, and give each other good deals! gotta stay away from making any more racists comments then i allready do!

ive allways kinda laughed when people tell other people what the junkyard is gonna charge, its NEVER that clear-cut for me...

well we have pricelists at our local ones. Stuff like axles etc, all depend on side (lugs usually) and then if u have the brakes/drums its more, shafts its more. They just nickle dime ya for the most of it. Usually prob no more than 125 complete drum to drum. other stuff is usually 20 or less, depends on whos at the window!

yeah. ive even been charged for a core on brake parts! JUNKYARD BRAKE PARTS! (not consumable brake parts, like backing plates and calipers)
what a joke!

our yards price via vehicle, so i say its a mustang axle.
but like was mentioned, they can try and charge you anything they want! "UH OH! thats still got the drums on it! that'll cost extra!"

karma is a bitch, i'll get my moneys worth next time with pockets full of sensors and other goodies.

Back