• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

so any one seen some uh...it has not words..

Check out the rhinestone numbers (40") at the trailing edge of the front wheel wells. These folks seem to like to advertise just how phat they're rollin', even if they're only on 20's. I wonder if I can find some rhinestone 15's for my ride....

Had a manager at my store, that had a chevy 1500 with 22" in "ghost?" Lettering behind the rear wheels that were pretty much as tall as the bed was.

In the bay area they don't go as tall, but they put their rims on muscle cars too, cameros and 5.0 mustangs. That way they can from from the cops and have sideshows. And they dont call them donks, they call them scrapers.

Honestly, I would rock some street tires on 20s or 22s :D

What you guys dont like my Box Donk?
IMG_0645.jpg

So Timmy with all the free time you had to research "Donks", ever ship the stuff I paid you for? :firedevil

On a side note, the mismatch f/r tires on a FWD car are also a "style", the "reasoning" being that a 14/13 steelie weighs less than a 17/18/19/drag tire, and has less rolling resistance.

Much like "front runner" 3.5" wide wheels used on RWD muscle/drag cars.

Still fawking retarded, but some may be doing it intentionally

Last edited:
On a side note, the mismatch f/r tires on a FWD car are also a "style", the "reasoning" being that a 14/13 steelie weighs less than a 17/18/19/drag tire, and has less rolling resistance.

I dont think its so much about weight, more about needing a decent amount of sidewall to deform and grip for a good launch.

Nobody ever explained weight transfer to them though:laugh:

So Timmy with all the free time you had to research "Donks", ever ship the stuff I paid you for? :firedevil

acually no that free time was spent on duty with no tools, but i have a long weekend and im gonna try my best. im so sorry bro :doh:

ok everything will be out to you tomorrow.

and yea it is wrong. and i found out why he did it (to be original) and that he gets really butt hurt when you say anything about how stupid it is :D

saw this little baby at auto zone
Photo0027.jpg

those are 28 inch rims

any one seem something similar or dare i say worse?

I didn't even need to look at your location to know where you took that photo. Good lord, I see there are still tacky cars driving around the sprawling metropolis of Havelock, NC.

I miss the cars w/the wire wheels, curb feelers, canvas tops, chrome fender flares, and the chrome tape on the bottom of the doors. Rolling pieces of art they were.:confused1

They want to, it's their vehicle :dunno:

Most of the ones I have seen are the "don't want to cut the sheetmetal so lift it to the sky" type anyways, so you could put them back to stock by undoing the idiotic suspension modifications. I view it the same as say, putting 38 inch tires on a family station wagon, just a heck of a lot less functional.

What I don't really get is "slammed" rides that are so low you can't pull into a parking lot, with the tires sticking through the wheel wells and the rocker panels chopped off. It's like the worst of all worlds, you get no ground clearance, no cargo capacity, can only drive on flat surfaces... nearly as bad as a multiple-foot poser lift with a horrible center of gravity, no suspension articulation, terrible steering, etc.

I don't like mods done only for looks with no thought as to how they effect functionality - I like functionality a lot. That's not to say I don't care how stuff looks as long as it works, I just prefer functionality if I can only choose one or the other.

Back