• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sluggish on start

You' re learning about the renix system. I think it's pretty simple but may be a little sensitive to a few settings. The TPS on those things needs to be adjusted a certain way. If you can search for RENIX tps or ask the renix experts on here, you can get that adjusted in better.

ya iv almost got it in there but it still needs some work, every once and a while itl idle when i start it between 100-150 degrees itl idle at 3 grand for about a minute or less. but ya it needs some adjustment and a new ips need some replacing.

:dunno:FREAKIN AY, it came back so i replaced the cap, rotor, plugs and wires. I try to start it when its cold and itl just crank turn over for about 30 seconds and then it will fire up and the rpms will shoot up to 2500 and then back down to about 400-600 rpms run for a sec "really sluggish like its miss firing" then it will shut off. It will start back up but act like it is "miss firing" and the rpms have trouble coming up even if i feather the crap out of the gas pedal. It will start and repeat this "miss fire" about 3-5 more times when i turn it over, then it will just start up like normal with no "miss firing" at all. i hope i didnt confuse anyone and id appreciate it if i could get some helping feed back because i need my jeep running asap its my daily driver. thanks guys.

ya, and nothin its wierd cuz after tryin to fire it up and it runs like crap itl just run like a top if i dont turn it off the damn thing will run all day long. i can turn it with and if i start it back up within 5 minutes of it being completely warmed up itl start just fine.

ya, and nothin its wierd cuz after tryin to fire it up and it runs like crap itl just run like a top if i dont turn it off the damn thing will run all day long. i can turn it with and if i start it back up within 5 minutes of it being completely warmed up itl start just fine.

I'm sorry...I usually don't criticize peoples typing/grammar in the forums but man...I have no clue what you just said. :wow:

beast of luk!

actually, I'd clean all the grounds in the engine compartment (back of cyl head and dipstick tube) and reset the TPS following the proper procedure.
You will need as close to 5.0v input for the TPS and a specific percentage of what you've got going into it as the closed throttle output. I want to say it's 83% of input coming out, but that's just off the top of my head.

after you have the TPS set correctly, I'd remove the IAC and reclean the seat for it's pintel valve in the throttle body. A small drop of 3 in 1 oil on the pintel will aid in it's movement as well.

hope that helps...

beast of luk!

actually, I'd clean all the grounds in the engine compartment (back of cyl head and dipstick tube) and reset the TPS following the proper procedure.
You will need as close to 5.0v input for the TPS and a specific percentage of what you've got going into it as the closed throttle output. I want to say it's 83% of input coming out, but that's just off the top of my head.

after you have the TPS set correctly, I'd remove the IAC and reclean the seat for it's pintel valve in the throttle body. A small drop of 3 in 1 oil on the pintel will aid in it's movement as well.

hope that helps...

thanks for the help, ill go try these things and let you know what happened.

Iv narrowed down the problem finely!!!!!! its my egr system i just havent narrowed it down to the exact T, ran out daylight. i dont no if it the sensor it self or the valve part. but i pushed in the valve a little after i got it running and it started to run how i explained earlier (miss firing and all that).

you essentially created a vacuum leak by opening the EGR valve at idle, but that doesn't necessarily mean that that is where the leak is coming from on start up. Possible, yes-- but I'd say more likely that it's the IAC motor, which is supposed to be a metered vacuum leak past the throttle plate, stuck open or a leaking intake manifold gasket that seals when it warms and expands.

Back