• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

slick rock conditions

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Here are a few pics from last weekend. The trail is open, a little wet and some small snow drifts on the north end but all in all, trail is in great shape.

I was just talking about this, is SR open with some buddies great to know. how deep was the water crossing?

BTW Boards crossing, pine needle flat trial is wide open. we went in the week it opened. no snow, super dry, water crossing was low. it was a fun trip. just an FYI.

Jon, water crossing just barely covered my 37's. We where able to go all the way through, some of the snow drifts where about 2 feet deep but by now they shouldn't be very deep at all. The snow was cleared at the lake alpine side.

Last edited:
Jeff, so was there anyone in the group on 35s or lower that had any issues with the crossing? it sounds like its not too high, which is good. I should be fine on my 36s, a buddy on 35s was wondering how high the water was.

Jeff, so was there anyone in the group on 35s or lower that had any issues with the crossing? it sounds like its not too high, which is good. I should be fine on my 36s, a buddy on 35s was wondering how high the water was.

Everyone else was on 35's and had no issues. If you stay a little to the left of the crossing the water is shallower.

Everyone else was on 35's and had no issues. If you stay a little to the left of the crossing the water is shallower.

left coming from north or south? ive gone into that crossing when its been up to my hood so im not too worried about it.

left coming from the south (Utica side). Ya I ve been in up to the hood at Fordyce a few times!!!:scared:

Nice pics Jeff. I so wish I could have made it. Thanks for rubbing it in..

Anytime joe :)

Back