• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

skyjacker trackbar bushing help

Rambo

NAXJA Forum User
is the skyjacker trackbar bushing (axle end) something i can just buy anywhere? or is it a special size from skyjacker???

i am getting some play on that bushing even after tightening it...

any tips on where to buy that bushing? a strong one?

tia

Alberto

To the best of my knoledge its the same bushing size as the factory. The Skyjacker bushing is poly bushing.

The newer factory bushings are better than the old ones...they are a two part bushing but still rubber.

As mentioned Energy suspention as well as daysatr should have these bushings.

CW

I have been through so many of those bushings that it's ridiculous.. I just order 2 at a time from my local shop at $7 and deal with it. They seem to last a few months of good wheeling until they get sloppy enough to let the truck dart on the road and possibly cause death wobble. I don't think a different bushing made of the same stuff would be any better. Rubber may be worse. There's a lot of force placed on it.

If its worn out that fast there is other things going on.....the unitbody tweaked? Axle NOT truly centered..WORN CA's bushings...

I would say you need to get under there and give it a REALLY good cleaning and spend some time on your back and look REALLY GOOD!!!

CW

cwlongshot said:
If its worn out that fast there is other things going on.....the unitbody tweaked? Axle NOT truly centered..WORN CA's bushings...

I would say you need to get under there and give it a REALLY good cleaning and spend some time on your back and look REALLY GOOD!!!

CW

mine was fine for a while, but after some hard wheeling thats when it went

I've tried to contact NAPA, Pepboys, AZ, 4WP, and Parts Plus and they dont have the trackbar axle bushing....grrr. is it really this freaking hard to get a replacement?

djblade311 said:
I've tried to contact NAPA, Pepboys, AZ, 4WP, and Parts Plus and they dont have the trackbar axle bushing....grrr. is it really this freaking hard to get a replacement?

if your looking for the skyjacker tb bushing, quadratec is where i ended up getting mine!

djblade311 said:

Prolly too late, but Napa does have the rubber bushings. The p/n for the 2-piece design is 2749213 and the one-piece is 2749176.

-Mike

yea, I found those part numbers at NAPA but they didnt have any in stock at the time. so I ended up ordering some daystar bushings from Quadrajunk

Back