• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Side console cup holder?

Jeepm@n said:
Be careful using the side one. My friend is about 6-5 and 325 his knee took that thing out in one time riding in my Jeep. Also after replacing mine at his cost of course the dang thing can't hold more then a small soda without falling off and making one heck of a mess. You may want to put angle brackets under it bolted to the drive line hump like I did.
My passenger is usually a 115lbs 5'6 34c redhead. And she knows not to mess up my XJ!
Just paid for 90PioSport99's cup holder. Thanks for the replies

1985xjlaredo said:
My passenger is usually a 115lbs 5'6 34c redhead
I gotta get me one of those.

Originally Posted by 1985xjlaredo
My passenger is usually a 115lbs 5'6 34c redhead

90PioSport99 said:
I gotta get me one of those.
Ill rent her to ya for 250 an hour! :callme:
just joking

1985xjlaredo said:
Ill rent her to ya for 250 an hour! :callme:
Might want to clear that with her first :D.

Lol yea good thing she'll never read this haha:greensmok

uh yeah the stock ones on the side of console suck. make sure u put that angle brace thing in the slot well...and they still fall pretty often. and the ones that go over the ebrake dont hold anything but a soda can. im lookin at gettin some of those that fold up and screw them into the console or door or something.

Thats a big price to pay for a $10 part from the dealer.
Wayne

Go to autozone or wal-mart and get "the wedge"

My Cherokee didn't come with a console so I bought the right one from the dealer, and it came with one of those cup holders.

The more recent kind that goes over the ebrake pretty much sucks, but it's a HUGE improvement over that sidemount one. Not only is it small but if you look at it wrong it falls off. Unless you are a massocist who loves messes stay away from them.

The reason they are still available at the dealer is no one wants them!

IslanderOffRoad said:
Go to autozone or wal-mart and get "the wedge"

are you talking about those that go between the seat and console?? i tried one of those, it didn't work too well to much room between my seat and console. it would slide around a lot.

tclapp_88 said:
are you talking about those that go between the seat and console?? i tried one of those, it didn't work too well to much room between my seat and console. it would slide around a lot.

yeah. mine works fine

it also has some holes so you could scew it into the side of the console if you wanted to.

I like it because the factory jeep ones are too small.

Go find a mid 90's oldsmobile and look in the center console of the split bench seat model, you my get lucky and find a fold out cup holder that flips in and out of the console. The only other cars I have seen this in was my buddys benz's.
If Oldsmobiles have them the it's likely other GM models of similar size to the cutlass and cierra might too. Just for laughs I did an eyeball fit on the wifes and it looked good to go, two screws to mount it to the inside front of the console.
The benz ones are nicer though, they are made of aluminum and are strong enough you could probably rake leaves with them..

i have one $10 shipped pm me

I have one on my 1990. It is great, because I can remove it if I want to put a bunch of junk in my front seat area. It does not hold big gulps, but is fine for most drink cups.

Got it from the local Jeep dealer for about $15. I do see them online once and awhile.

Good luck,
Bob

IslanderOffRoad said:
yeah. mine works fine

it also has some holes so you could scew it into the side of the console if you wanted to.

I like it because the factory jeep ones are too small.

right the factory ones are small and they fall off too damn much...but i dunno ill have too look at the holes. i dont even know where that cup holder thing is anymore

I have the Wedge thing, and it words really well. Kept my drinks from spilling even over poison spider and potatoe salad. Though, it is velcro'd in pretty well. I just put it facing the passenger seat.

XTurboJ said:
I have the Wedge thing, and it words really well. Kept my drinks from spilling even over poison spider and potatoe salad. Though, it is velcro'd in pretty well. I just put it facing the passenger seat.

the velcro idea is a good one too...ill have to check that out.

Well I got it mounted and I think that it is great went wheeling over the weekend in the snow and Ice and it didn't fall off at all, i do have 2 screws in the top of it though. The only thing I see wrong with it is that the console itself shakes a lot and seems flimsy. But that could be because I took out that rear floor heat thing.

Back