• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mechanical fan question, (right hand drive)

Unclewolverine

NAXJA Forum User
When I was putting my new radiator in my 95 rhd xj it felt like the bearing in the mechanical fan was starting to get a little rough. Of course the whole bracket is discontinued and was a 3 year only part. There is a service on ebay offering to rebuild it for crazy amounts, (3 to 400 range), all they are doing is pressing in a new bearing that costs probably no more than 20 bucks. I have a torch, freezer, and press; and experience with wheel bearings so putting a new one in should be no problem. But I'm an rca and don't have the downtime available to press out the bearing, measure the dimensions, and risk a long wait finding a new one. Someone on a forum had a shop do this same thing but did not keep the bearing part number. Does anyone have a clue what it would be? It's supposed to be a water pump bearing. If I cant find it I'm going to try pressing out the bearing in my 01 parts truck and hopefully it's the same dimensions :/ And no I dont want to re route my belting or convert to duel electric fans.

Holy crap cruiser54 that's exactly what I needed! Cant thank you enough! I never would of found it because out of habit I dislike YouTube video so I always skip over them in search results. Cant believe there is someone charging $350 to replace an $18 bearing that takes about 10 min. It takes a lot longer to pull the darn bracket in the first place!

I never would of found it because out of habit I dislike YouTube video so I always skip over them in search results.!

You should reconsider YouTube videos, almost any auto and household appliance repais can be found there, it has saved me countless hours and dollars.
Do look at more than one video for any project, some are absolute crap.

Back