• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short n Dirty 8-13-11

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
So me and my dad decided to go run Short n Dirty last weekend. It was a great trip. Since it was just us 2 and no passengers we really didnt have a chance to take pictures, especially with all the technical driving.

We left ahtanum store at 8:45 headed up Ahtanum North Fork. We took Jack Ass gravel road up to 615 past Blue Lake and up onto Divide Ridge (613). From there we ran Short n Dirty (637) all the way down to 1010 and then Tieton Reservoir rd. Although the trail was very tideous, tight, and technical, we were only into our run 3-1/2 hours. We weren't done for the day so we headed east to Milk Creek and took the gravel road up to the Louie Way Gap (608) trail head. We ran up Louie Way Gap to Divide Ridge. This section of trail made you push the vehicle more then the driver. My dad's Willys having carb and only a front locker required him to hit the hills a little harder and keep the RPMs up. Once we reached 613 We looked and looked for the trail from Strobach Mt down to Nasty Creek (seeing this turn off many times heading up Nasty Creek) but we couldn't find it. Instead we took the left to head toward Cowiche and met Nasty creek then followed that back down to North Fork Ahtanum.

All in all we covered about 60 miles of ground in about 8-1/2 hours. Great trip. I am happy to report not a single new dent and no serious breakage. I did find a 1/4" puncture in the bottom of my rear diff cover once back to the house though.

Thinkin about running Short n Dirt again next month and then maybe up around Buckhorn Gap Loop (651) and Leaning Tree (641).

Back