• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short Arms and Drop Brackets Vs. Rk 3 link?

WOW! That is a smoking deal! I don't honestly see how he can sell it that cheap. Better than what I had to offer that is for sure. Good on ya for getting the best deal. I was waiting to see if Donald had me beat. Plus he is a friend of mine.

Call RK and have them email the instructions to you.

mattyj said:
I have the RK 3 link kit, and have wheeled the shit out of it for the last 6 or so months in mainly big rocks. All components have held up well. I actually just pulled the arms off today to disassemble the joints to check for wear, and everything looks great. The Krawler joints have held up fine.
It really does articulate extreamly well, very smooth, im running 12" shocks but could run 14's if i really wanted too.
The arms work well sliding off rocks & for sure have better clearance than drop brackets. The brackets so far are super solid, they have taken some decent hits and beside some rock rash are straight & true.
I dont DD my rig but i do drive to trails & on the FWY it seems just as good as when i had 4 link short arms. (as good as a lifted,35" tires,no swaybared XJ drives).
Honestly i think value for money, its a great kit. JMO.

If you do get it, make sure you disassemble all the joints & grease them before you intall the arms. Mine were basically dry when new.
I recently installed the rk 8" super plus rear coilover, and it is a project going on for while now. I put jks stud eliminater and bpe running ES5034 a 14" shock 34" open. Kit suggests 19" closed and 31" open with stud type shock. Will my front coil fall out on full drop? And it is the new style kit with the lower arm kinked. It has 2 crush sleeves per front lca bracket. And rear is bolt on. Only axle brackets for long arms, and coilover mounts on hat channel are welded for rear 4 link and the 2 crush sleeves on front.

Im hearing conflicting stories. Will I have to weld or no. I hope not because I personally suck at welding and dont have a welder. I am going to call/email RK tomorrow and try to get some instructions to check em out.

MG2000XJ said:
Im hearing conflicting stories. Will I have to weld or no. I hope not because I personally suck at welding and dont have a welder. I am going to call/email RK tomorrow and try to get some instructions to check em out.

The only welding that is recommended is one side of the frame crush sleaves that are installed into the uni frame rail

mattyj said:
The only welding that is recommended is one side of the frame crush sleaves that are installed into the uni frame rail
I'm not clear on why the welding is needed at all. Isnt the sleeve held in the hole by the nut and bolt? Is it so it doesnt vibrate and wear?

should be welded so forces from suspension flex cant possibly move the brackets. i never welded mine and havent had any problems though. everything is being transfered to another jeep rite now and the new install will be welded cause its for street use not trail only.

you dont need to weld the rk kit, but you can if you want. I was in their shop (where they make all their arms) and one if my friends who works their said on their prototype they didnt weld the brackets and it held up fine. Their newer mounts are slightly different and quite a bit stronger.

Buy the kit and don't look back, it works great had it for about a year with no problem. i dont beet the hell out it like some, but i do use it:D .the joints make a little noise ,but keep them greased and your set. Flex like CRAZY with good control of the jeep at ''MOST" times.

When u forget to hook the sway-bar back up from the weekend trip and tuesday you want to drive it to work and Some jack A$$ pull's out in front of you and city 4-bying time ( almost lost it ) as for the kit best kit i have ever bought. And i have done a 'Couple" mom's old jeep & new "Overland" WJ, Dads & My Superduties, F-150 10'', Chevy 1/2 ton, Brothers New F-150, Girlfriends Dad Duramax, And i think there are some more i have Done But... The hard part was removing the lower Control Mounts!!!! The kit works the way a lift should NO BINDING!

Last edited:
Back