• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short arm and steering questions

Your rear suspension is doing all the work in that pic because the sway bar is not allowing your front end to flex. I'm sure it's a hell of a ride rocking back and forth off road with the sway bar connected. I and many others don't run front sway bars at all, on or offroad. If you must have one get quick disconnects.

Ok well I'm not rolling in the cash, I'm a college student... I do know what a sway bar is haha I'm not an idiot, i did the whole build up on this truck with my dad, ground up... I cant drive with the sway bar off of it, i tried its terrifying, so i will just try and fab up some quick disconnects of some sort... thanks

just take a 13mm wrench along and unbolt the links.

I made some retainers to hold the swaybar up using some vinyl coated wire, swedges, 1" solid rings, and snap hooks from home depot

no safe and not a good idea

Umm.. how is this different than the teraflex or older RC adjustable arms that do not have a jam nut. As the suspension flexes those move.

Umm.. how is this different than the teraflex or older RC adjustable arms that do not have a jam nut. As the suspension flexes those move.

those old tera and RC arms with no jam nut are HORRIBLE. they strip threads and crossthread easily. ever wonder why nobody runs them anymore? because they suck balls.

arms with poly mounts on both ends are good at tearing off control arm mounts... not much else.

Ok well I'm not rolling in the cash, I'm a college student... I do know what a sway bar is haha I'm not an idiot, i did the whole build up on this truck with my dad, ground up... I cant drive with the sway bar off of it, i tried its terrifying, so i will just try and fab up some quick disconnects of some sort... thanks

terrifying might be a strong word, ive driven a large portion of my jeeps with no sway-bars, itll help you be a much more careful driver, no speeding tickets.

You need to disconnect the sway bars when you go wheeling to get the flex. Reconnect when on the road. Also, ditch that cb antenna mount, it's going to get ripped off and take sheet metal with it. Mount the antenna inside the bed if you have to run a CB.

Back