• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shocks for 8.5" lift ???

jeep_87_cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
im lifting my cherokee 8.5" with rusty's coils and was wondering what is the best front shock i could use for a reasonable price, i want to run the upper eye conversion in the front, because i hear that the stock setup may limit flex a bit. so what would be the item number of a front shock with 8.5" of lift and with the shock eyes at both top and bottom ends. can someone give me the brand, the price, and item number, Thanks for the help

this is your best bet.
Stanley%20Fat%20Max%20Tape%2033731.jpg

i was actually looking for some real help, like i would not know the travel of the suspension since it is a long arm and that i would just like to know where i could get the right shock for the front, just looking for some real help

real help? my god man! go outside, flex your jeep, put up the tape, see how much travel you have, and order the right shocks from any 1000's of offroad stores that sell shocks, i wasn't tryin to be an ass, thats the way to get the "RIGHT SHOCK".
jeep_87_cherokee said:
i was actually looking for some real help, like i would not know the travel of the suspension since it is a long arm and that i would just like to know where i could get the right shock for the front, just looking for some real help

Last edited:
This might be a little more helpful the above posts, but not much.

When I ordered my 5.5" lift I just asked the guy on the phone what size shocks to get with it. Surprise, Surprise they sold those too, so I had them ship me a set of shocks to go along with my LA Lift. He even suggested relocating the rear shock Purchas while I was doing it and took that into consideration when sizing the rear shocks. I believe Rusty’s sales shocks, he should be able to tell you what size will work best with his lift.

every rig does not flex the same, thats why he should measure the travle in HIS jeep, thats what i'm saying.

You can call some places and tell them your lift height and they can set you up with a shock but, that is for moderate "kit" lifts and as said "every jeep flexes different". Plus having a long arm kit you will have massive amounts of droop requiring bumpstopping and long travel shocks. So go flex it out to the point where you are happy with your flex and measure.

ok so all i want to know now is if i order a shock for the front i dont want the stub at the top like factory, i want both ends to have eyes because i want to run the conversion so i could get more flex properties. thanks and what would the best recomended shock for 50/50 offroad/on-road driving ??
thanks

i run bilstien 5150's, they work great on and offroad, you could also try some rancho 9000's, you can adjust them to how hard/soft you want them.

Back