• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocking Revelation

One other shock brand to consider is the one from OME (old man emu). They are a long travel shock that netted my XJ a 920 on the 20* RTI ramp. Don't know the specs but I have a set around somewhere that I could put the tape on. I know that they took the travel from bump stop to where the LCA's bound against the axle mount so they were not the limiting factor in the flex.

Bones

It seems so long ago, but here are a couple pics of the OME flexed. Sometimes I wish I was still running it.

flwflx1-vi.jpg

flwflx2-vi.jpg

Bones,

Since yesterday was one month since the day Rusty send me the Bilsteins, and since they still haven't arrived here, according to the Post Office, he can file for a refund. And since I ain't buying anything else from him, I am going to call the local rep of OME and order these. I'll keep you updated about how they perform.

One question, did they come with the bar pins or do you need bar pin eliminators to use them?

First off, great research Eagle.

Second, I just installed a BB over the weekend, and am in need of new shocks.

However, I am unable to locate the Monroe "street" replacements you listed above. Any idea where I can get them?

OK, I it could be that I am looking in the wrong place, but I have looked all over Monroe's website and searched thru their catalog online, and I cannot find the 59331 or the 59323 listed anywhere on their site?

IntrepidXJ said:
OK, I it could be that I am looking in the wrong place, but I have looked all over Monroe's website and searched thru their catalog online, and I cannot find the 59331 or the 59323 listed anywhere on their site?

I have the 2002 printed Master Catalog and those are the numbers listed for the Cherokee in the Gas-Matic LT series. In my area, Advance Auto carries Monroe and that's where I got the catalog. Even though it says 2002, I got it only a couple of months ago so I assume it's fairly current.

OK, I know this post is starting to gete some age on it but I fianlly found the OME specs.

N35L
Compressed--15.5
extended----26.5
Travel 11"

N36L
compressed--14.5
extended----24.5
Travel 10"

SV1CEC, "One question, did they come with the bar pins or do you need bar pin eliminators to use them?"
They were included.

Bones

Back