• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shifting problem

luvdaxj

NAXJA Forum User
yes I searched. Its a 4.0HO AW4 231. When accelerating from stop, no matter how hard I mash the throttle, it will shift at 20mph, 30mph,40mph, and 50mph. It won't downshift under power, no matter where the throttle is. This sucks when trying to go up a hill. I've replaced the TPS twice, CPS, O2 sensors. Tranny fluid is red and isn't burnt. I was told there was an inline fuse that could be my problem. Where is it located? Do you know if I could have a bad TCU? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

luvdaxj said:
yes I searched. Its a 4.0HO AW4 231. When accelerating from stop, no matter how hard I mash the throttle, it will shift at 20mph, 30mph,40mph, and 50mph. It won't downshift under power, no matter where the throttle is. This sucks when trying to go up a hill. I've replaced the TPS twice, CPS, O2 sensors. Tranny fluid is red and isn't burnt. I was told there was an inline fuse that could be my problem. Where is it located? Do you know if I could have a bad TCU? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Did you ever figure this out, I'm having the exact same problem. Both before and after having my transmission rebuilt. So, it has to be electrical? Right?

Back