• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

September eleventh, year of our Lord two thousand one

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Never forget; never surrender; do not be deceived.

:patriot:

Is this topic off limits now too?

Drove by an LAFD firehouse this morning on my way to work, the entire squad was lined up across a major street in downtown LA, observing a moment of silence and saluting in their dress blues. It was at 0703, the exact time UAL 93 crashed into the ground after being taken back over by the passengers 11 years ago.

Maybe because it was so early in the morning, but I'm ashamed to say that it slipped my mind for a moment as to why they were out there, but it was a very moving sight to see.

The anniversary seems to be markedly more downplayed in the media than in years past.

Heard a lot last year, being the 10th Anniversary, this year seems much quieter. But I still remembered to fly my flag. :patriot:

And as September 11th slips into the darkened recesses of our complacency... the rest of the world throws fuel on the fire to boost the downfall of our nation. We may just be our own worst enemy. But from now until the last round is spent I will continue to defend her.
God bless America!

I certainly have not forgotten. Twice every day I'm reminded when the clock is at 9:11. I'm sure everyone recalls exactly what they were doing that day. I was at the KOA campground in Moab getting ready to hit the slick rock on my mountain bike when someone came and told everyone to come to the office and see what was on TV. Profound silence and disbelief, tears and anger.

Thanks to our armed forces that are protecting us from such evil. Thanks for sending those SOB's to meet their maker.

Back