• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Senator Landrieu

goodburbon

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGRY...howthread.php?t=23156&feature=player_embedded

This b...ahem, woman, who doesn't uphold and defend the constitition should be removed from office immediately.

I got a transcript from the guy who posed the question to her, Since I can't view streaming video here. Interpret it how you like.

my attempt to form a transcript of the first video:

me: We need to make sure Obama does not get Cap and Trade pushed through

(applause)

Senator: Thankyou very much for that; I have been a strong supporter of the oil and gas industry.

(applause)

me: (inaudible, I believe this is where I was saying this is the constitution I carry around with me) Where in the Constitution does the federal Gov't have any right to stick their hands anywhere in healthcare.

(applause)

me: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people!!!

(applause)

camerman: ohhh, you can't go and quote the Constitution.

Senator: (sarcastic tone) And remember there are people up in the front and they have a right, too. And thanks for quoting the Constitution.
The State and local governments try to help in many, many different ways and if we could have a system where the individuals or the states could pick up the tab on everything I think that would be very difficult.

me: (inaudible, but I beliee I was shouting my solution)

Senator: Some people have a view that the federal government (inaudible due to shouting from the crowd)

Moderator: (tries to calm crowd)

Back