• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SEC, we have one stuck somewhere around Chorlotte

It is fun if youhave the right equipment I didnt. But i agree. I didnt even have anything to hook to in the frount so i had to be pulled backwards out of the hole. my next buy is a tube bumper from T&T and a winch. oh and you definatly need momentum.

I'm from florida, so i was born in the mud
me too... but i still don't like it, lol

i'd look at better tires. my BFT ATs make a world of difference compared to my street tires, and they actually perform bettter on the road in the wet then my street tires... and i know they aren't a MT, but they don't do half bad...

MELKORsXJ said:
me too... but i still don't like it, lol

i'd look at better tires. my BFT ATs make a world of difference compared to my street tires, and they actually perform bettter on the road in the wet then my street tires... and i know they aren't a MT, but they don't do half bad...

Assuming you meant the BFG's, and I agree. I've been in the mud on several occasions with in the last month, some intentional, some not...and while I have slid around and spun them a fair amount, not yet have I been 100% stuck. I have zero complaints about their rain performance as well. For an all around AT, it's a great choice.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Assuming you meant the BFG's, and I agree. I've been in the mud on several occasions with in the last month, some intentional, some not...and while I have slid around and spun them a fair amount, not yet have I been 100% stuck. I have zero complaints about their rain performance as well. For an all around AT, it's a great choice.

I have spun out with my BFGs in rain and dry roads, way more than I ever did with my nearly-bald stock tires. If anything, I feel they were better in the rain...is it just b/c my BFGs are new and haven't been worn in?

I used to think it was fun to "burn rubber" when going around a corner (flooring it from a dead stop, so I wasn't speeding), but now when I turn, it'll screech when I'm not even trying to. Is that normal?

NCjeepgirl83 said:
I have spun out with my BFGs in rain and dry roads, way more than I ever did with my nearly-bald stock tires. If anything, I feel they were better in the rain...is it just b/c my BFGs are new and haven't been worn in?

I used to think it was fun to "burn rubber" when going around a corner (flooring it from a dead stop, so I wasn't speeding), but now when I turn, it'll screech when I'm not even trying to. Is that normal?

Easy on the skinny pedal :)

My Dueler A/T Revos are ten times better on street than the BFGs ever were. The Revos are a softer compound I believe though. Not to mention the BFGs don't have a very good tread pattern to prevent hydroplaning.

I am definatly going to get a winch. the only Warn winch that came out broke so im not getting one of those though. but yeah tube bumper first then winch. Nice video

Last edited:
djorndor said:
I am definatly going to get a winch. the only Waren winch that came out broke so im not getting one of those though. but yeah tube bumper first then winch. Nice video

Man you obviously have no clue do you? I absoutely love my Warren winch lol ... WARN's probably the most trusted, well known winch company there is... But if I were you i'd look for something that's made in China.. i hear their stuff is much better...

I know they are really good. To hell with China crap. i dont really know which one im going to get. it might be a warn. I was just going by what i saw. The one that pulled everyone out i believe was a china made one. but anyways. i dont really know anything about that stuff never had one before. so!!!1.

you seem to know alot. What is a good tube bumper? I was thinking about the T&T and what size winch would you think i should get for a cherokee? ummm... Rock sliders which ones? and i need new tail lights so im going to get steel ones but i cant afford the Thor ones. which ones would you get if you didnt have alot of money?

djorndor said:
you seem to know alot. What is a good tube bumper? I was thinking about the T&T and what size winch would you think i should get for a cherokee? ummm... Rock sliders which ones? and i need new tail lights so im going to get steel ones but i cant afford the Thor ones. which ones would you get if you didnt have alot of money?

Tube bumper: I dont know.. I dont like tube bumpers... I do like Rigid Co. but for the price JCR's trough to beat.

Winch: 8K is fine for a XJ, cheaper winches will do the trick most of the time but are slow... if speed matters then you're going to have to spend more $$

Rails: I have rocky road outfitters and they're fine for me.. but again for the money JCR's tough to beat.

Tail lights: This one your probably SOL. Desert fab used to make some and is "considering now for over a year" producing a limited number and they're around $200.00/pair. So I'd say run stock tail lights or make some out of some 3/16" plate or something.

Thanks, I saw Rusty's used to make some tail lights but i wasnt sure if they still did and if they did if they were any good because i hear alot of bad things about rusty's but i guess it would be hard to screw up tail lights. but i am wrong most of the time about this stuff so i dont know. but thanks for the advice. What do you not like about tube bumpers. are they not as reliable if your winching from them?

djorndor said:
Thanks, I saw Rusty's used to make some tail lights but i wasnt sure if they still did and if they did if they were any good because i hear alot of bad things about rusty's but i guess it would be hard to screw up tail lights. but i am wrong most of the time about this stuff so i dont know. but thanks for the advice. What do you not like about tube bumpers. are they not as reliable if your winching from them?
Go with something sturdy that ties into the frame, mine is a detours backbone but there are many other options out there,

uncc civilengineer said:
Tail lights: This one your probably SOL. Desert fab used to make some and is "considering now for over a year" producing a limited number and they're around $200.00/pair. So I'd say run stock tail lights or make some out of some 3/16" plate or something.
Don't know how availible these are or your XJ's year but rusty's is makin some for $100

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product_Code=RA-TH&Category_Code=xj_skid

edit: durrr shoulda read right above me sry dudes.

You got a Norther Tool , Tractor Supply and Harbor Freight in Charlotte... there ya go.

i don't know where to find the best deal on winches... but it only takes a minute of searching on google to get a rough idea of what price range you'll be looking at. and the stores listed above should have internet sites, so you don't even have to drive there to find out there prices...
check out www.tennesseeoffroad.com for used stuff too...

Back