• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Searched but have ??'s

R1D3R

NAXJA Forum User
I searched rear brakelines and have lots of answers from the trail crowd. I swapped in the new to me 44 to replace the turdy5 that was going bad. Deavers and bypass shocks will be going on as soon as the frame is done getting plated. blah blah blah

what length rear line will be long enough for the planned travel? I would rather not do it twice

If you have around 5-6.5" of lift then a 95 Dakota brakeline should suffice, I have it in the back of my MJ with a SOA that netted 6.5" and it has plenty of slack when flexing

How much travel is planned? I'm running the SS lines that came with my RE 3.5" kit out back with the RE 3.5" leafs and 1" JKS shackles. Sits level with my 5.5" Deavers up front.

Plannning on 4" deavers with 14" bypass and RE boomerang shackles. Looking at a RE braided brake line or custom made length by the hose guy by my house.

I'm not a go-fast guy in the jeep, so someone will probably chime in and call me a 'tard

I used a rubber insulated clamp areound the brakeline, and fastened it to my UCA's with a small bungee to keep the excess line out of the way. That way you have plenty of line, but it stays out oof harms way until needed. Grimm tells me carb return springs work pretty well in place of the bungees as well.

I dunno if this helps.I see your in Loma Linda. Near Ont. airport of Mission near Patton Steel is G&J Aircraft 1115 So. Sultana Ont., Ca 91761 909 986-6534 I bought 2 brakelines for about $20.00. I went in for shifter cables for my reduction box and flipped Dana 300. 3 zert fitting on each end, used/new aircraft shifter cables. I found after 15 minutes of search stainless steel cable housed by stainless steel braided housing with wire wrapping around the braided stainless housing for $27.00 for all 3. The shifter cables were going to run me about $70.00 $80.00 apiece on the net. I walked out feeling guilty as if I robbed a bank. They have or will make the brakelines right now cheap!

Addendum to previous post: use aforementioned manner to retain brakelines. For brakeline length measure travel and add 50-100%

I'm not a go-fast guy in the jeep, so someone will probably chime in and call me a 'tard

I used a rubber insulated clamp areound the brakeline, and fastened it to my UCA's with a small bungee to keep the excess line out of the way. That way you have plenty of line, but it stays out oof harms way until needed. Grimm tells me carb return springs work pretty well in place of the bungees as well.

he's talking about the rear line though.

OP put your jeep up in the air with jackstands under the frame NOT the rear axle, and add 5" to the length from the hookup at the frame rail to the hookup on the axle. this has worked well for me so far. your springs will not unload much more than that. if you want to get really serious about it take the leaf pack apart leaving only the main leaf and bolt it in then do the same thing (minus the +5" addition), you will not exceed that measurement with the whole pack put together.

thanks all. Will be the rear end per grimm's instructions. pics to follow once I get the beast up on stands next week

Back