• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

School me

I drive a 00 that had a non tupy 0331 head. Replaced it with a older head (you can opt for a 02 grand tupy head if you want) and its fine.
I have done a few cracked 0331 heads and they are always fine. The only time you have a REAL issue is if its been cracked and run for along time.

Then you wash bearings, burnt rings, cracked pistons, etc.

I drive a 00 that had a non tupy 0331 head. Replaced it with a older head (you can opt for a 02 grand tupy head if you want) and its fine.
I have done a few cracked 0331 heads and they are always fine. The only time you have a REAL issue is if its been cracked and run for along time.

Then you wash bearings, burnt rings, cracked pistons, etc.

Thanks for the info.

My 2000 has been an excellent vehicle! Did blow a head gasket first month I had it, only a mile from home. Let it cool, added water, drove home. Had machine shop check the head, it was fine! (0331) ...as dirk mentioned, don't let it scare you. Mine started as my daily for several years, is a trail rig at heart, but I drive it in the winter now... (the Cummins doesn't warm up on a 10 minute drive to work)

Back