• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

san jose meet & greet, pot luck, build party combo - Sat 1/28

pick a day for this fiasco, i mean shindig!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can come by for a little while. Anyone have a rear CV shaft they want to sell?

I've got a rear CV shaft from a 89 waggy. Not sure if that would even work on an XJ. Just food for thoughts.

Re: san jose meet & greet, pot luck, build party combo!

voted for the 28th. Who has some experience and wants to help me install a set of gears? I think I will have one axle done by then so it would just be one axle. Ill bring your favorite brew (provided I can find it) or something else as a token of my appreciation, since I dont know jack about gearing besides what I learn between now and then

offer still stands for anyone. otherwise I'll probably end up bringing some garbage nobody wants

Re: san jose meet & greet, pot luck, build party combo!

offer still stands for anyone. otherwise I'll probably end up bringing some garbage nobody wants

i'm a cheap basterd & quit drinking a l-o-n-g time ago. i only dring sodas once in a while (again much like my hero Warren Buffett i am super thrifty) & typically only drink bottles of water, so you could bring a case or two if you want...

I may be out but am really trying to make it. I have nothing to do other than talk shit and make fun of people (i provide plenty of opportunity to make fun of me too...).

update:
my wife Diane got a drum of nacho cheese & 2.5 lbs. of tortilla chips, salsa, & chilli dip & will be making homemade brownies!

update: i ate some of the nachos & brownies. they kick ass!
the shop is cleaned up & ready for tomorrows adventures to begin.

the address is in post #1, look for the orange & black NAXJA sign on the bridge of death!

if you hit the speed bumps on penitencia creek road you drove past the bridge by 100 yards.

Last edited:
update: i ate some of the nachos & brownies. they kick ass!
the shop is cleaned up & ready for tomorrows adventures to begin.

the address is in post #1, look for the orange & black NAXJA sign on the bridge of death!

if you hit the speed bumps on penitencia creek road you drove past the bridge by 100 yards.

No fair eatin all the goodies before the rest of get there. I'll be leaving my place soon, stoppin to get the pizza and then I'll see you shortly there after.

Just like to say thank you Tim for hosting the meet-n-greet at your place, and thank you to your wife for the chili, nachos and brownies (all very good). It was great seeing everyone again and meeting those I've never met before. Also, thank you Tim for welding my truss to my axle, now I can get serious about putting the rest of it together. I probably won't be any faster, but at least I'll be "serious" now about getting it together.

So how did the gears turn out yesterday?

I'm bummed I had to skip out on this - some urgent family crap came up. Got any nacho cheese left over?

Thanks Tim for having me over. It was nice to be able to put some faces and names to the screen names. Also thanks tim for making me really want the dana 60's with long arms, seeing your rig just the way it sits now made me have that itch even that much more, but oh well. Hopefully if the finances go the way yhey should, this time next year I should be pitting on the last finiahing touches to the heep.

No such thing.

Well okay maybe your right but with dynatrac 60's atlas 4 speed long arm coils front a.d rear lift with internal and mild external cage all sitting on 35's maybe 37's having seeing how the ground clearence issues are, all that going onto a virgin jeep, Ill be done for a couple years untill it turns into a buggy, but thatll happen when the top half of the body goes to shit.

Back