• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

san jose meet & greet, pot luck, build party combo - Sat 1/28

pick a day for this fiasco, i mean shindig!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: san jose meet & greet, pot luck, build party combo!

the poll is closed & the voting was a real nail biter!
but by a large margin you chose the date & now it is cast in stone:
saturday january 28th.

if only there was a cool moderator who could add the date to the title of this thread...

saturday january 28th.

if only there was a cool moderator who could add the date to the title of this thread...

I don't know any cool Sierra Chapter mods but we'll see what we can do. It's tough because they don't teach you how to be a moderator - they just say "Here, have some power and feel like you are better than everyone else." But then you're too scared and stupid to figure out how to do it.

Edit: ha-ha it worked. Feel the power.

Last edited:

I don't know any cool Sierra Chapter mods but we'll see what we can do. It's tough because they don't teach you how to be a moderator - they just say "Here, have some power and feel like you are better than everyone else." But then you're too scared and stupid to figure out how to do it.

Edit: ha-ha it worked. Feel the power.

:worship:

Does the fun factory or anyone thats planning to be there the 28th happen to have the right tool for adjusting the 8.25 carrier? The side adjuster tool. Would be a disaster to show up and get to that part and not be able to get it buttoned up. :gee:

Does the fun factory or anyone thats planning to be there the 28th happen to have the right tool for adjusting the 8.25 carrier? The side adjuster tool. Would be a disaster to show up and get to that part and not be able to get it buttoned up. :gee:

what does it look like?
i have a few spanner wrenches both pin type & hook type.

Its a large hex opening. Its the same size as the hex end to a front wheel nut on a D30. Ive heard that a spare D30 wheel nut welded or fixed to the end of something long enough to reach down the tube works. This is what it looks like.

25466668.jpg

ok, no problem, get hold of a nut & i can weld it to a chunk of scrap tube.

Its a large hex opening. Its the same size as the hex end to a front wheel nut on a D30. Ive heard that a spare D30 wheel nut welded or fixed to the end of something long enough to reach down the tube works. This is what it looks like.

25466668.jpg

this thread seems to have kinda died...is anyone planning on coming over?
we need a better turnout than the sacto guys had last week!

this thread seems to have kinda died...is anyone planning on coming over?
we need a better turnout than the sacto guys had last week!

you would need 12 rigs or more :)...and technicly 2 guys did'nt bring there rig so that would be 14....u can do it!

I'm still lookin to come down there. Not exactly sure what time, but I was thinking it will be before noon, if that's okay with you Tim.

I can come by for a little while. Anyone have a rear CV shaft they want to sell?

I'm still lookin to come down there. Not exactly sure what time, but I was thinking it will be before noon, if that's okay with you Tim.

i'll be working in the factory by 8:00 am so anytime after that is fine with me.

i'll be working in the factory by 8:00 am so anytime after that is fine with me.

Thanks Tim. I am planning on stopping by the Costco over on Automation Parkway soon after they open to order up a couple of pizzas and then head over. So I'm guessing I'll show up between 10:30 and 11:00 at your place with axle, truss, and lca mounts in hand.

Thanks Tim. I am planning on stopping by the Costco over on Automation Parkway soon after they open to order up a couple of pizzas and then head over. So I'm guessing I'll show up between 10:30 and 11:00 at your place with axle, truss, and lca mounts in hand.

cool. we have plates, napkins, & utensils in the factory...
... as well as a kitchen table, pool table, electronic darts, & southpark pinball.
everyone should have a pinball machine in their shop. :gee:

I just thought I'd add, if anyone was going to do gears, I have a case spreader I built for d44's that might also work with other cases as well. Maybe even a d60 if we do a quick drilling job to move the pivot points out a little on the cross beam. Also have a bearing race/seal installation driver kit, a slide hammer puller, and a ball joint press if anyone might need them. Tim might have all of these at his place already, but I just thought I'd throw this out there just in case.

I just thought I'd add, if anyone was going to do gears, I have a case spreader I built for d44's that might also work with other cases as well. Maybe even a d60 if we do a quick drilling job to move the pivot points out a little on the cross beam. Also have a bearing race/seal installation driver kit, a slide hammer puller, and a ball joint press if anyone might need them. Tim might have all of these at his place already, but I just thought I'd throw this out there just in case.

that's something i don't have: a ball joint press. only needed one once so far so i borrowed one from a friends shop.

Hey anyone going to this just wanna shot the shit and talk some XJ shit. Mostly about upgrading to a mild rig to a well built rig. I've been talking alot with knucklehead about putting 60's under my rig as well as Long arms, Atlas, ect., ect., ect. the list never ends. Just want to hear more info on what ya'll have heard and or done.

Thanks

Back