• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S IL wheeling

dkos

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if anyone knows good places to wheel in southern IL. I'm in Carbondale and am looking for someplace close that I could go for a bit than go home. Any suggestions would make my day.

You are pretty close to KY's Land Between The Lakes, there is some pretty good wheeling there. I am sure there are other who will chime in with other places that are close as well.

IntrepidXJ said:
it's southern for me :kissyou:

...and aside from the easy stuff at Shawnee, I don;t know of anything else closer in IL

OK, I'll buy that then.:)

As far as an actual wheeling place, I really don't know of anyplace in Southern IL either.

Redbird is in Dugger, IN. Thats pobably as about as close as you'll get to C'dale.
www.redbirdsra.com

Stop by LaBambas for me and eat a burrito as big as your head.............gawd, I miss those things......Mmmmmm.:loveu:

Haleyes said:
OK, I'll buy that then.:)

As far as an actual wheeling place, I really don't know of anyplace in Southern IL either.

Redbird is in Dugger, IN. Thats pobably as about as close as you'll get to C'dale.
www.redbirdsra.com

Stop by LaBambas for me and eat a burrito as big as your head.............gawd, I miss those things......Mmmmmm.:loveu:
There's one of those places THERE!
There's one on high street in Columbus, that place is awesome, until your insides asplode.

I'm originally from Murphysboro and we would wheel in and around Little Grand Canyon (south of Murphy), Giant City, Makanda, etc but its been years since I've wheeled there so I have no idea whats open anymore.

rustysxj said:
i live in collinsville illinois
i have a pretty much stock 2000 xj
those places have anything for a stock?
There is plenty for a stock jeep in the Shawnee.

We'll be at Hannibal Rocks this weekend for the annual SIJA Jeep Jam. Come on over to Hannibal, MO, for wheelin of all levels and a great time. There will be a Sat. night trail ride as well. www.sija.org for more info.

You might want to check out:
Custom Differentials in Bloomsdale, MO
St. Joes State Park in Park Hills, MO
Potawatomi off road park in Fulton MO
Flat Nasty in Salem, MO

Back