• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RWKHausSupply - What's Your KOH Story?

the race was really just a desert race with one real rock trail (Upper Big Johnson)... Very much just a desert race, and Not what I built for. I Heard KING OF THE HAMMERS and followed that idea. I wish it would have been called something like stock class desert race.

It would be like hearing that they were going to have stock class motorcross and not have any jumps.

We were in the same boat. We built a heavy jeep that could take some rockrash.

Turned out to be a little too heavy I guess. ;)

wow, that IS disappointing. hopefully they will change the course a little next year to have more crawling stuff.

Camo told dave point blank that he was disappointed with the course, while wanting for the live internet feed to get fixed, in front of all of us that were there watching them. Dave said, well maybe next year.

Rob that smile on your face is why everyone who loves going fast in the desert does it. there's truly nothing like going that fast on the dirt and chasing people down one by one and passing em :thumbup:

ah bummer, i was pretty stoked on this race for next year after hearing the stories and seeing videos. if it's all desert racing i dont think i'd really be into it. not that my jeep will be anywhere near built enough for it by then anyways....

I think the course will be more challenging next year... especially considering how capable the rigs are becoming.

curious to see what happened to your motor..

Speaking from a spectator point of view...the race sucked. I was really hoping to see some racing. No good areas within easy driving distance to check out the action. The organizers need to take this into consideration for future races to draw in the crowds, participation, etc. If they keep the same course next year I'll stay home.

Speaking from a spectator point of view...the race sucked. I was really hoping to see some racing. No good areas within easy driving distance to check out the action. The organizers need to take this into consideration for future races to draw in the crowds, participation, etc. If they keep the same course next year I'll stay home.

I agree that this was afirst year learning experience I hope.

I even have a small conspiracy theory.

But the truth for me is that we lost it for our selfs. And that if my car would have stayed together I could have won. If...

the race was really just a desert race with one real rock trail (Upper Big Johnson)... Very much just a desert race, and Not what I built for. I Heard KING OF THE HAMMERS and followed that idea. I wish it would have been called something like stock class desert race.

It would be like hearing that they were going to have stock class motorcross and not have any jumps.

Not meant to be smart ass, but if it was easy, there seemed to be a lot of DNF's. Was it because of the high speed sections?

Not meant to be smart ass, but if it was easy, there seemed to be a lot of DNF's. Was it because of the high speed sections?

it was because its the hammers... and if anything will break a rig, its just being out there...

Been their, but my question was, Did most break becouse of the rock sections or did the higher speed sections kill more stock class vehicles.

My educated guess is Yes. Pit One was 35 miles into the race and there was only one rock trail (Martel) between the Start and Pit One. By the time the second sweep car came through only 27 race cars had been through Pit One.

At the Drivers Meeting Saturday night, I'm assuming it was Dave Cole, came right out and said that the open desert stuff would tear up your car if you weren't careful. Hell look what it did to the rear axle on the 4643 car.

Last edited:
We certainly broke because of the go-fast. I was out of the car on Martel and the rear end was certainly not bent then, but was before we hit pit 1.

Richard and I discussed it and are positive exactly when, where and how it happened. We got a little fast and sideways off of the course going into a left hand turn, hit a rock, bounced a couple of feet into the air and landed on the back right corner, sideways, at probably 30 mph, going into a corner.

Another competitor was broken there watching and cheered as Richard drove out of it. The hit didnt really feel hard, but it was the only hit either of us can remember at all and the timing is about right.

there is a reason jeepspeed guys truss their axles across the entire bottom, and the crawler guys across most of the top. if cal knew it was a jeepspeed course i bet he would have trussed the axle differantly.

Back