• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RWK Stock Class KOH EMC 4692

holy crap, it was windy out there saturday!!! sunday had some really great weather though,and since i know what you all want to see pictures and videos, here are a few.

103_0024.jpg

103_0029.jpg

103_0016.jpg

103_0012.jpg

click to watch video

Click picture to watch video

Well..

Showed up sat afternoon, car was there waiting for us for shock tuning. We didnt run after the first initial few min.

Chased down a wire that was grounding out on the header - the CPS.

So after a few trips to autozone and about 300 in parts we found it, fixed it, and sunday we tested.

Went pretty good I think. It sure feels faster in the car then the video shows! I did get comments that we were faster looking and nicer looking through this section then all but one other rig, and all the others were mod class. The one faster was on like 16" coil overs. So no way to compete I would think, since we are on coil/shock and only 12" front and 10" rear with leafs.

No harsh bottoming out at all. I Never fent a thunp of a fully compressed anything. just a 'dance' feeling.

Now if we can get more fuel in it, it would really be nice.

All in all, it was good. And I think we are very close and ready to have fun and maybe even win, if the fun doesnt get in the way.

Thanks to Cory, and to Scott Hartman for the experience, and to Dave Cole for the trailer on sat night and sunday morning to work on the XJ, the wind was so bad I though daves trailer (a 40-45' enclosed car harler) was going to flop over. And to so many others that just would come over and talk, help or offer parts/items.

now 10 days to get it finished for race.

Looking really good Robert!! Tell your light guy to get off his butt and get you some headlights (hahaha)

Nice build guys. FYI this XJ fits in the new Jeepspeed Class 3700 now known as Jeepspeed Mopar Outlaws. Go to www.jeepspeed.com for the rules. Pretty much anything goes but limit of 15" front wheel travel. We are doing the Best in the Desert 6 race series. Best 4 results count for points so you can skip 2 races. Hope to see you with us at a race. You get discounted entry fees and a free set of General Tires.

Nice build guys. FYI this XJ fits in the new Jeepspeed Class 3700 now known as Jeepspeed Mopar Outlaws. Go to www.jeepspeed.com for the rules. Pretty much anything goes but limit of 15" front wheel travel. We are doing the Best in the Desert 6 race series. Best 4 results count for points so you can skip 2 races. Hope to see you with us at a race. You get discounted entry fees and a free set of General Tires.

Maybe others will participate. My issue is the heavy arse D60 front end, and the 14b rear, and then no holes in the body so No shocks thru the body or floor, and the plated rear corners and rockers, mixed with the not built to score class rules cage. Its close but the down bars at a certian deg, or the tube at a 2" for the weight (its only 1.75) etc.

But Very nice to see that you are opening up the series to a new class.

This car run's good and pull's strong. Due to the weight, it would be hard pressed to keep up with the 1700's, let alone the top running 3700's. A complete re-design of the shock set up could get it up to speed, but then would bump it out of the stock class in KOH.

Last night I fixed a problem that I have seen a few times before with the POS Optima battery. When we got back from testing, the car wouldn't fire. It would crank over fine, just wouldn't fire. Voltage while cranking was 9.7v. That's not enough to get the computer going, but would still crank over fine. Charge the battery for a few minutes and 6 angry squirrells are alive and spitting fire.

I also made the template for the firewall, stopped the oil leaks, and fixed an issue with the steering. We are getting close. A few more tweaks and it should be ready to compete.

I forgot to Thank BLACK MAGIC BRAKES for setting us up with rotors calipers pads and master.

Jeep has a very easy pedal...
;-)

well today I was able to, I hope, figure out a a fuel / lean issue.

The engine was running at 18A/F, and shoulod have been like 12-15. At a steady throttle driving it woulod crap out and stall.

So today I swapped out a stock style fuel psi reg, for a external bypass style and pluged the stock return port on the fuel rail.

After that I was able to get the fuel psi anywhere I wanted from 30 up to 80psi

After trying that entire range, I found that it made very lil differnce in A/F, what psi I ran it at.

Next is something that may help the next guy...

IF YOU HAVE A CLIFFORD HEADER, you should have a 02 bung welded in the exh and not use the one in the header front three collector. Scott Hartman mentioned he thought it was too close to the head in the exh, but we figured just add some more fuel psi and that would fix it.

I had to move the A/F 02 up to the header tube, and get a new ECU 02 and move it down in the exh tube and then it all straighten out.

Now at a idle at 45psi (might go up to 48ish) and a 26lbs inj, it runs at 14-15A/F at a idle. I have not been able to drive it with this fix yet, still need to swap the master/booster tomorrow, then I will see what its doing under load.

But after that, I got the window nets on, and the decals.
405287_3189438342847_1472498203_33104988_991938820_n.jpg

430534_3188595081766_1472498203_33104632_892461100_n.jpg

Get to it.

SO how did you guys do over all..and are you still racing it in other Ultra 4 series? Will you be at KOh 2013? Any advice or tips for those building an XJ for Ultra 4 style of racing?

Blew motor at mm14...

No other races yet. Maybe parker. And then maybe koh 13..

Great experience!!

Back