• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's rear spring bushing HELP!!!!!

my rusty's leafs came with a big maple leaf on them and were proudly stickered MADE IN CANADA. that was april 06.

At least Canadian workers make a decent wage and are known for generally good products like the USA is; not some sort of dollar a day chinese manufacturer. nationalism/politics/human rights aside...

...from Rusty's website a few minutes ago...
174796c9.jpg

Well, I have no clue about the maple leaf on them, lOL the ones that I got, well to be honest, I never looked...lOL I know they are made down in Al., but they still have an issue. I am proud to buy American, and to be an American. Now back to factory size bushings. The factory front eye is appox. 2 1/2" eye and the rear is around 1 1/2". I know for a fact, LOL I forgot I have my dana 44, with factory springs attached to it sitting out back. I tooka look yesterday, and sure enpough they are the larger bushings.. I spoke with Mike at Rusty's earlier this wekk, and I was told about the running change. LOL if you got springs recently and they were the small bushings. I am sure he is going to sell off the old stock first, LOL wouldn't you? and again Like I said I am not bashing anyone or anyoens company, but I just want the facts to be stated, and why your bushings are wearing out pre mature.

Here are the part numbers for the bushings, I got these at Gitt Spring which is local to me. They used Flagg suspension bushings:

RB 117
RB 153

-Alex

I ordered a set of custom leafs from them years ago, they were made by Mcallister Spring in Canada. They're still in service on my CJ ten years later. I'd say that's a reflection of quality.

I ordered a set of custom leafs from them years ago, they were made by Mcallister Spring in Canada. They're still in service on my CJ ten years later. I'd say that's a reflection of quality.

The bushings I got from them lasted about a year, but that might be because I drive like I stole my jeep.:D

-Alex

Well I "used" to be a Rusty's fan, but lately on my last few issues not so much anymore. I had spoke with a guy named Mike there, who was not very knowledgeable about their products, like the running change from small bushing to large, but he did ask Rusty, and that is where I got the RB #'s from. they would not do anything for me on the bushings, and LOL it is written right there in the warranty clause on the website. 6 month warranty on bushings, tie rod ends, ball joints etc etc etc... and they were making no attemp to make it right. They wanted to sell me more SUNSTANDARD bushings. NO thanks. and honestly it has to do with my wifes JK also that had a bad track bar, but got no where there, long story, but lately I have not been getting the warm fuzzy feeling, I used to get when I dealt with them. They KNOW they have an issue, that is why they changed to the larger size bushing recently, but they are not going to own up to it. ???? What does one do?

Understandable i called there trying to get 3/8 self tapping bolts for a Rusty's skid I got from bloose. He told me he could but shipping would be expensive He suggested i go to fastnal. They had them but they wouldn't sell me just a few I had to buy a quantity of what looked to be 100 easily. so the skid is not on!

Where did you get your more recent bushing locally?
I just put the one set in I got tonight,a nd they worked well, I got my from a company in whitehall, PA. the name is stengel brothers, and the bushings you need are an RB-121 and a RB-71. they were to my door for around 40 bucks... they seem to be the same quality as the rustys bushings, so lets see how long they last.. LOL

Yeah, Ba-Riedo is sort of from around me so I was hoping I could get some locally and not have to wait over a week to find out they are the wrong size. Does anyone know if the bushing from the YJ work? I read that in another thread and I'm just trying to confirm it. Also, what ones fit, front or rear?

Last edited:
Back