• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's question...

EvanH

NAXJA Forum User
In a couple of weeks I will be purchasing a rusty's 3" full spring pack. I was wondering what else I would need to buy to make it more trail worthy but still maintain a half decent onroad drive. Also, I heard that if you call to order you can get cheaper prices than if you ordered online... anyone know for sure =D

Last edited:
Well I'm one of the people that has used rustys parts and had good luck and was happy until recently when I tried to get a spring warrantied through him. He has dipped, ducked, dove, dodged, and.....ducked.....to get out of replacing HIS defective spring. Short term, sure he may have saved himself a hundred bucks by not replacing my spring. But I'm making it my personal goal to cost his business much more than that by losing me as a customer and anyone else I can bring with me.

I dont think its right to sell anything you cant stand behind. Id do anything I could to put you off on another manufacturer if I could.

Hey bud
heres the list i gave you originally, that got form my local jeep shop for a nice ridin' XJ with a 3" lift

Adj lower control arms
Jks quick discos
Tcase drop
Adj trac bar (try not to go rusty's trac bar)
steering stab

and if your going to be driving your xj on the road more then on the trails and your not seriously goign to beat the piss out of it Rusty's is okay to go with, i heard they just don't last as long when your trashin their shit as compared to RE..not as expensive either though :-}

All of my Rusty's parts have been fine. I've talked with him through email and phone a few times and he's been very helpfull. My only complaint with him is that shipping always seems high. I think it's because he's shipping from a more remote area than most, but not sure.

The only problem I had with my 3" full pack kit was the front coils have sagged quite a bit. On my 96 I needed TC drop when I did the lift and that was it.

I have the Rusty's kit. Very much like the RE kit. If it brakes, sags I will buy more, sounds like a good reason to upgrade. But if it is on the road more than off, I doubt you will get sag any time soon. My jeep is not stock. I am running full width axles, 8-9" of lift with 39.5 Iroks. And several other goodies like Hydraulic Steering. My link: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76649

I am running the full kit. I have the RE axles brackets as well.

EvanH said:
Also, I heard that if you call to order you can get cheaper prices than if you ordered online... anyone know for sure =D

nope you still get raped on the shipping i tried already, good stuff though i've been really happy with what i've bought (leafs, coils, trackbar etc etc).

Back