• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys long arm or rubicon express ?

i think someone mentioned it, but check out claytons too.

find whats important to you. a belling pan? ground clearance? 4 link or radius arms? the selling point for me on the clayton kit is the removable crossmember. its the only one on the market with a removable pan, so you dont have to removed your control arms to service the drive train. just some food for thought...

i think someone mentioned it, but check out claytons too.

find whats important to you. a belling pan? ground clearance? 4 link or radius arms? the selling point for me on the clayton kit is the removable crossmember. its the only one on the market with a removable pan, so you dont have to removed your control arms to service the drive train. just some food for thought...

Not tryin to really toot my own horn or anything but.

http://froehlichsuspension.com/4-link.htm

Just though I would throw it out there. lol

hey man I just noticed the area code, im from tri cities but goint to school at wyotech, ill be home this next weekend for three months were i plan on buying and building out an xj to have down here in wyoming for the winter months while i finish street rod and trim and upholstery

hey man I just noticed the area code, im from tri cities but goint to school at wyotech, ill be home this next weekend for three months were i plan on buying and building out an xj to have down here in wyoming for the winter months while i finish street rod and trim and upholstery

Yep, over here in yakima. Street rod trim and upholstery eh? I have a good friend over at wyotech as well. Evan Nilson, he just started going there a couple months ago. Some sort of fabricating and automotive class I believe? He should also be back in Yakima this next week to visit and hopefully do a wheelin trip.

If you want to buy a complete kit I would take a good look at BDS. When I eventually build my dad a trail rig I want to use there 8" kit.

I pieced my lift together... Rock Krawler 3 link, Rusty's 8" coils, 6.5 packs, 5150's... that way you can get the exact parts you want.

They moved it to the vendors product developement section. Which means anyone who isnt a red letter (paying member) cant view it... :banghead: Steve should be recieving his kit today so be looking for a build thread in mod tech that you can view. Or become a red letter member which is well worth it.

There are over 10 members on here that have been running an assortment of my products for over 4 months now. Nothing but good reviews so far. Another 10 customers that im still currently working with and should have their parts shipped out within the next week, and thats just on naxja. Me and my brother also run the setups and I've been running my setup for over 3 years now. Its lasted extreme abuse from 3 Jeeps so far, only needed to replace the heims twice now and its my DD running on all heims, no poly joints. I just have to give it time and hopefully everything will prove itself and customers talk. :wave:

If there's one tip I can offer it is this: I would purchase your leaf springs from a company that can make them to your specs. I've had 4 types of rear leafs over the years and none have served so well as the ones from Alcan. The funny thing is, they don't cost much more if any over what comes in a generic kit. They ask you all sorts of questions such as: how much weight you carry on a regular basis, do you tow, do run rocks or sand, hard or soft ride, how much lift, etc. They then build them for you, and the customer service is fantastic.

Also, plan on an SYE right off the hop as well and take care of reinforcing the steering box area.
Oh, and factor in shackle angle using BrianHO's Shackle locator and take the height gain into account for total lift height.
Also i personally think that ACOS are worth the money and would put them on any build.
Well i guess that's all i have for tips as i think the other fellas have covered most. Good Luck! -B :cheers:

They moved it to the vendors product developement section. Which means anyone who isnt a red letter (paying member) cant view it... :banghead: Steve should be recieving his kit today so be looking for a build thread in mod tech that you can view. Or become a red letter member which is well worth it.

There are over 10 members on here that have been running an assortment of my products for over 4 months now. Nothing but good reviews so far. Another 10 customers that im still currently working with and should have their parts shipped out within the next week, and thats just on naxja. Me and my brother also run the setups and I've been running my setup for over 3 years now. Its lasted extreme abuse from 3 Jeeps so far, only needed to replace the heims twice now and its my DD running on all heims, no poly joints. I just have to give it time and hopefully everything will prove itself and customers talk. :wave:
you should add a review page to your site maybe?

the design seems stout. and i love the fact that its a 4 link instead of a radius. im quite far from ordering my LAs, but when i do its claytons or yours. the removable pan is of importance to me.

Ya I just got done taking motorsport chassis fabrication and I took collision refinishing as a core. I wish I would of straight axled my s10 blazer in that class, but instead I custom fabbed front, rear and mid cross members with custom fabbed frame rails for a three link set up on my 1970 plymouth duster. I did a three link so I could road race it when im done, I also moved the frame rails in three inches on both sides to be able to run a 14 inch wide tire in the rear. It seems like I am going to buy a kit for the front and then do a triangulated four link in the rear with coil overs, any arms that you guys recomend that I could run coilovers with ? I also plan on doing a dana 44 or dana 60 front depending on what i find. I plan on a dana 60 in the rear or a fab 9 on both ends, still undecided though. As far as motor wise ill eighther do a new 5.7 hemi engine or an ls1 to have the power for the dunes that ill want.

Back