• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

running out of ideas with this heat

Cherokeekid88 said:
someone mentioned rewiring your Aux fan to be on all the time. I did this and makes my engine stay at around 185-195 while driving with a constant flow of air. runs at around 200 at a light on a hot summer day, then cools back down after i get going down the road. BUT..... While on the trail, even in the shade, the 2 fans working at the same time is not much help as its just blowing around more hot air and reaches temps of 220. I have also redone EVERYTHING you have mentioned you've done and yet i dont overheat while driving, its kept me from the trails for about a month untill it gets cooler.

what setup are you running as far as gears/tire size??? just curious.

and i hear ya on missing trail rides. i'm pretty much to the point now to where i hate these stupid trannies so bad that i don't care if i toast another one. when i can get these trannies for about $200, it's almost not worth trying to keep it cool if i fry 1-2 trannies a year. but i would prefer not frying this one, so i can use that money on gears or smaller tires.

i mean i fried my first one on 31's, so obviously i was having the same problems before the 33's. and i also replaced the torque converter when i replaced the tranny. stupid autos. hopefully i'll get some time from work today to do some test and see if my torque converter is bad or not.

Back