• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Run to Tahuya, Dec. 16th and 17th

ladywolf said:
hey guys i heard something about a major storm coming through thurs and friday....anybody know anything more about that? if so, i might just be coming over, grabbing parts, and haulin tail back over the pass before it closes.

Heavy Snow Warning for the Cascades. The snow level will drop from 4,000 ft to 2,500 ft. 1 to 2 feet today into tonight. Snow Advisory for the Olympics.

this is on komo web sight for today and thursday,didn't say about friday in the cascades,just said windstorm coming in.

Sean

already dealin w/ the wind here in eastern wa. crap. damn i dont wanna negotiate the passes when they're nasty.

well i'm the one who haseta foot the bill if the passes are closed and i haveta get a hotel or something. you guys live close to the jeepin, and can go home at nite. i would prefer not to get stuck on the coast with a blazer full of parts and no place to stay(this is not meant to sound snotty, btw)

reckless said:
I'll be out there around 9:00am helping with the clean-up, there will be lots of trees down.

Cool. Didnt know there was a clean up. I would have planned to come earlier, if I known. By any chance, could we use the wood you guys clear for fire wood?

/How much wood could a wood chuck chuck, if a wood chuck could chuck wood? :D

Here are a few pics. Ran it Saturday night, and a bit Sunday afternoon, but Brian was having tranny problems. A little too much water in it. Sunk it at mud lake. :D

100_3176.jpg

100_3180.jpg

Just made it home. Fun times!

It was definately worth the trip. I learned alot, and had a fun time.

Tranny did really well the whole drive home. Will change all fluids when i return from Cali in a few weeks.

PDeeXJ said:
Just made it home. Fun times!

It was definately worth the trip. I learned alot, and had a fun time.

Tranny did really well the whole drive home. Will change all fluids when i return from Cali in a few weeks.

I wouldn't wait a few weeks to change all the fluids!!! Do it NOW!!

Those of you who still like the water need to make sure that EVERYTHING is sealed up well. Tranny, Transfer case, axles, etc should all have breathers that are well sealed and up high. Plus all the electrical plugs should be protected.

I hope you all had a good time, looks like it was wet;)

Michael

Back