• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

These stiffeners have had some changes that make forming to the frame easier, tighter fitment against the leaf box and added height to fit tighter against the floor.

I haven't installed mine yet, but all the pics and reports I've seen, the top lip does not fit against the floor tight enough to weld.

Is that right ? and if so, how do you recommend filling the gap ?

They should be great! It was very strange and I can't say when it happened but somehow the design was changed and the floor bend was about 1/8" away from the floor. We were never told by any of the people that purchased them and we did not discover it until one of my employees put them on his.

A friend has the old design on his, and when I mentioned pulling the carpet back to weld to the floor, he told me there was no way to weld the lip to the floor....it was too far away.

Like I said, I haven't test fit mine yet.......

Well those front stiffeners look good! We are just now prepping my son's XJ for the frame stiffeners.
I guess we are going to long arm it too.
Dan, why isn't your long arm kit made with the bends that give more clearance?

Back