• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubicon or full traction

strongroots said:
I cant decide wether to go with th all popular 5.5inch rubicon or the reliable 6" full traction lift kit? any insight?
From what I have read, both company's have a very good reputation. You may have better luck getting detailed information if you search the Mod Tech. forum to get opinions.

I'd say you'd probably be happy with either kit. BTW, welcome to the Midwest Forum.

Les

thx for the welcome.. I ve been reading jp magazine for over 8 years and this is my first jeep so im all excited with no where to go and not enough money to just dive in LOL:eeks1: i"d like to meet some people with in my area

The RE short-arm with drop brackets is a good design and has been well proven over the many years it has been out, but they're newer longarm kit is a terrible design if you ask me. Full Traction has a great reputation and the 2 issues with them are they only sell kits and their arms hang kinda low if you're doing rock-crawling. Another company worth looking into is TnT Customs, their longarm kit would be my choice, probably rounded out with Rubicon springs and Bilstein shocks.

BrettM said:
Another company worth looking into is TnT Customs, their longarm kit would be my choice, probably rounded out with Rubicon springs and Bilstein shocks.
If I was bolting on, definetly what I would do.

i have the full traction 6" and loved it no problems at all. i have never had a RE lift so im not sure which is better. if you are interested in my kit i will sell it for $1,000.00 with shocks. i can also meet part way or something. my cell is 630-768-6330. i live in warrenville, il.

thanks
Trevor

why are you selling your kit?
yeah I've been looking at that TntT customs kit
it looks very nice and strong but i havnt heard much about it as far as some
one currently using the kit and how well it does.
Im still saving money for the buildup and just got set back a lil by buying our first house in mead county ky lol

Back