• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RSVP on Meeting

9:30. cool, I'll be there.
FYI :new: unless we take an alternate route it looks like we will hitting the renta-road(E-470) which is a toll road.
I hate getting stuck at the dang toll booth trying to write a check for $1.25 while all the kind commuters are patiently waiting behind me :doh:

OK, how many of you guys spent time in the last 24 hours getting your rig sow you could drive it :wave1:

I've been trying to finish off my manual to auto tranny swap. Got everything I can think of done tonight. I'll fire it up in the morning and make a decision on driving it then.

A simple AX-15 to AW-4 swap, right. Lets see all the little issues.

Get the tranny

Find a matching NP231

Design and install a SYE on the NP231

Get the parts to connect a companion flange to a dual cardan.

Cut down and reweld a Bronco driveshaft.

Get a tranny mount.

Get a buddy over to help do the heavy part of the swap, thanks Aaron

Pull that danged pilot bearing out.

Modify the xfercase linkage since the xfer case moved back an inch.

Cut the sheetmetal to clear access to the tranny cooling coils on the radiator, since mine is an 85XJ

Replace the quick connects on the tranny cooling lines.

Find out that the firewall on the early XJ doesn't have the hole for the TCU cable.

Cut the TCU cable and run it throught he hole, make a grommet, resolder all the wires.

Hack the TCU cable into the wiring harness.

Swap the ECU.

Remove the clutch MC

Remove clutch pedal

Swap Brake pedal

Remove console

Mount shifter handle.

Revamp the exhaust that now wants to run through the tranny pan.

Fill all the fluids.

Pray before you start it up.

Those are just the highlights.

Tom Houston

Insalled the rockkrawler 3 link front last weekend replaced all 4 shocks wensday ,foundout my balljoins were toast on the test drive tonight, replaced all 4 ball joints tonight will do another alignment in the morning and see how it goes. :doh:

Back