• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country Shocks

nw-xj-scott said:
i have heard a few issues with the bushings. but i have seen FIRST hand from this forum, and others, if there is a problem related to the build quality of the product they sell, they 99.9% have a no-questions asked warranty!

Due to the fast and respectable customer service i have seen from RC in the past few months, i had NO hesitation in sending my hard earned money to this company.

Hell, I think companys should take notes. this is how customer service SHOULD be done!
I agree with you 100%. :thumbup:

I just got a 4.5 X kit and must say overall I'm very pleased with the kit. The only down fall to me was the shocks especially the bushings!!! 2 things. Why do you need such stiff dampening? The black bushings that came with my shocks were trash. Lasted one week. was a real PITA to have to replace them with my old used Rancho shock bushings. Don't get me wrong the kit is a great value and works well but the bushings were bad. Would I buy it again.... YES.... But order bushings as well..
;-)

yamafreek said:
I just got a 4.5 X kit and must say overall I'm very pleased with the kit. The only down fall to me was the shocks especially the bushings!!! 2 things. Why do you need such stiff dampening? The black bushings that came with my shocks were trash. Lasted one week. was a real PITA to have to replace them with my old used Rancho shock bushings. Don't get me wrong the kit is a great value and works well but the bushings were bad. Would I buy it again.... YES.... But order bushings as well..
;-)

Maybe you didn't read the thread..

God i love my lift, 6.5 Rough Country... The shocks work good, but i would like them to be a little stiffer.. ( no sway bars ) Some people need to pull there head out of the sand and talk to the guys that run RC lifts.. I would talk to you about how great the lift is and the GREAT SERVICE they give.. I will even take you for a ride to show how soft it is.. My 2 cents.....

I had a few problems with my new shocks leaking,so they sent me new ones
no problems now.. great service.

and its funny that most off road shocks are made by RCs big brother...so will a shock ride better because of a different sticker and higher markup??

i got about 50 to 70 miles out of one bushing the other shock is fine besides the 2" of air that it came with in it. Sounds like customer service is pretty good so i'm not too worried.

With increased spring rates, the valving on the shock must be more aggressive or they WILL not dampen your suspension travel.

I love these guys that jump on a thread, don't read, and bash products.

Keep up the Good Customer Service RC!!

RC sent me new bushings even after I told them the PO installed the lift over 1 1/2 years ago! I was impressed and grateful. Thanks RC you guys are great!

Back