• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

Re: Ross's Box and Sticker Collection

Wade, what's the length on your LCA's? Im probably gunna setup my frame mounts like yours, just inboarded a little bit.

Im pretty sure 22" and if you inboard em they wont be under the unibody so it will be a bit more work but you can def make it work

Now that is one shiny axle!

More boxes and stickers!!!!

1060rae.jpg

Also got the LCA frame mounts made and tacked in place. Decided to ditch the 2.25x0.375 DOM and run some PVC pipe instead, shortened the overall arm length to 26". I still gotta make some gussets to go from the top of the bracket to the inside of the framerail. I inboarded and angled the mounts so almost all of the joint is inside the framerail, I modeled them after the Poly Performance brackets seen HERE.

lh3ir.jpg

5vofwp.jpg

UCA coming soon.....

Rock anchors

I know I know, I was thinking about going off the inside of the framerails too. Even if I drag them, Im not really worried about damaging the 3/8" wall LCA's, lifetime garrentied forged chromo joint housings, or the 5/16" brackets. Also, I think by having the mounts lower like this I might be able to keep the UCA mount all/mostly under the floorboard.

I know I know, I was thinking about going off the inside of the framerails too. Even if I drag them, Im not really worried about damaging the 3/8" wall LCA's, lifetime garrentied forged chromo joint housings, or the 5/16" brackets. Also, I think by having the mounts lower like this I might be able to keep the UCA mount all/mostly under the floorboard.

So...keeping your floor intact takes priority over belly clearance?

You really ARE retarded.

:D

I could care less if I gotta cut the floor and still plan on cutting some of it away for the UCA and to fit the Stak. Im gunna play around with the brackets more and see about tucking them up a little higher. I was thinking about mounting the joints vertically on the inside like how Goatman did for his UCA mount in his buggy IIRC.

if you do keep em mounted that way, add some metal underneath so they slide better.. without that they'll just dig into rocks.

hey hey hey she's coming along

Now I just gotta build some frameside brackets for the UCA. Im thinking about doing something similar to what Opie (XJ Ranger) did HERE and tieing it into the LCA mount along with floor/frame plating. Right now I have 26" lowers, 29" upper, ~8.5" of axle seperation, and ~6/6.5" of frame seperation. Its looking like the bolt for the UCA joint will just barely be above the floor, I plan to cut more outta the floor and make an access panel.

2ds0qd5.jpg

2sbtj41.jpg

spbzur.jpg

2wns8sn.jpg

Looks good. I know 89eliminator cut into his floor as well when he did his 4-link.

Got the knuckles all done. Everywhere got plated with a layer of 3/16" then I added a chunk of 3/4" plate on the front for an area for a 5th bolt. It got beveled and welded on with two passes, followed by a second layer of 3/16" that captured it and welded on even more. Both sides top to bottom are now 3/8" plated. Im just waiting the high steer arms to show up so I can drill/tap/finish the knuckles.

o5okkj.jpg

2zyivzm.jpg

308dxtf.jpg

2zhmbnn.jpg

9qb33q.jpg

Amazing work here but was it really worth it?

It only adds one bolt and you are still out a keyway and the knuckles themselves are only $440 for ones with keyways.

http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=39&idcategory=8

Amazing work here but was it really worth it?

It only adds one bolt and you are still out a keyway and the knuckles themselves are only $440 for ones with keyways.

http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=39&idcategory=8

That was my original plan, but I decided to try to save some money first time around and build the stock knuckles. I know ford ones like to crack and it really wasnt the bad doing the plating work. I figured while I was in there, its not much more effort to add a chunk of metal for a 5th bolt, its gotta be better then just having 4. If I start to trash these knuckles, Im just gunna order Solid's and cut the keyway into my NWF arms.

The only thing I could see being a problem bringing everything up higher is the front driveshaft hitting the LCA or LCA mount on the drivers side.

im just happy that ross is doing stuff

Back