• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RockyRoadOutfitters_4x4 on eBay

Tim Dog

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone use them before. I ordered a OME steering stabilizer over a month ago and still haven't received my item. They shipping was expected within 20-26 business days. Kinda threw me off guard being they said 10 available. I really thought it would arrive much sooner. Then I've tried contacting them through eBay and they direct me to contact them through their email. I did my purchase through eBay and rather communicate through them. They appeared to be a good seller looking at their eBay rating, but then see them bashing buyers that left negative feedback. I don't like flaming people but I got a death wobble and sent them $$$ about 5 weeks ago. So here you go :flame:ROCKY ROAD OUTFITTERS. Guess the name means if purchase from them you'll be traveling down a rocky road. Don't waste your time w/ this seller.

I bought one of their budget lifts a couple of years ago directly from their website and had no troubles. Not sure why you're having that kind of trouble.

Just got a email yesterday from RRO yesterday. He apologized for the inconvenience and confusion. Real happy with his response. They've been having trouble getting OME on time, and will stop selling OME for this reason. He's gonna have one to me within a week. So pretty much a 6 week wait. Unfortunately doesn't do anything for my DEATH WOBBLE. I'm glad they finally got back to me. Its just kinda lame that he listed 10 availible in his listing. I would think that ment he had them in stock. I also thought that it would be shipped sooner if they were in stock but that wasn't the case. So bravo to RRO for getting back to me. Just hate business had to go down as such. I work 6 days a week and have little time to install it. Hope to get it in soon. Having the A/C down I get frustrated quickly when my wheels feel like they're gonna fall off.

Unfortunately, most mail order places simply take your order and have somebody else do the stocking/shipping.

That is one reason I bought stuff from Northridge4x4. The stuff I've ordered from him so far has been in stock and shipped the same day. He may be a few bucks more but to get something in 5 days from Washington is worth a few extra days.

RRO has had several name changes on ebay due to sucky service & TERRIBLE feedback ratings. Let's see if you get your part first before sending them kudos. No matter what their alias, their true color always come out.

I will be making a few more changes in the near future. For now I have a budget boost. I'll be going to a full lift kit (that will not be purchased from RRO) and changing all the components up front. I have a D44 waiting to be rebuilt and will be buying another D30 to put in the front. The stabilizer will do for now. I'm not giving kudos but am greatfull they got off their a$$ and got back to me. I hate to be the bad guy.

Still playing the pissing contest with Rocky Road Outfitters. I flamed him in the feed back after disputing with eBay and PayPal. He replys "We don't ship when there is no payment guy". Bull$hit. I paid on the 11th of June. Such a joke.

So I did what you guys said. Called Northridge 4x4. He's got the part. I actually saved money too.:thumbup:

You need to refer to him the email he sent you before about him having trouble with OME. Also, how did you pay? Whatever method you used you should also have a receipt, electronic or paper. File a dispute thru ebay & copy them on all the correspondence with RRO. Hope you didn't delete your "evidence". If you used PayPal & were eligible for buyer protection, believe me when I tell you that you'll get your money back if you file time. They're good with that.
Whatever you do, don't let Glen "Robin Hood" Wakefield and his band of merry boys keep your money. They have been doing this sort of crap for a long, long time.

Good Luck.

I've already gone thru eBay and PayPal. It'll take up to 20 day to get my money back. I have all conversations with the guy documented. I wasn't even thinking about contacting ARB about the guy but it is a good thought. He was paid about 2 months ago now. The dispute process is lengthy with PayPal. He's just running it to the end. Thats okay. I got time and more places to contact on his shady business practices

Yeah, then he'll tell you what a tool you are & how he's been voted this, that & the other, you're impatient, he's been in business for "X" years, how many satisfied customers he has ... all that BS. Because Glen's always right & the customer is always wrong. Good code to build a business on. He's a sorry excuse for American Capitalism. I can't figure out why he's still in business.

i was thinking about buying their axle spring over kit off their website a long time ago but when i finally did it i just built my own kit from different sites and got exactly what i wanted for less, glad i didnt bother with them....

Finally got my money back through PayPal. Glen decided to drag it out as long as he could. I've decided to pursue other entities with my complaint. I asked him time after time to send me my money. He just failed to comply and continued to cover his carelessness.

Please Don't Buy From This Guy.

You just found out what many, many of us have known for a while. Just go to JeepForum & search for Rocky Road Outfitters. Multiple multiple-page threads about this POS. Good Luck.

Back